Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help fast!!!

Old 08-30-2016, 12:30 PM
xupd42bmg
Road Captain
Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Need help fast!!!

My friend just left to go look at a 2013 ultra limited" supposedly". The thing that throws me off is it has saddle bag guards. Most ultra limited don't have these. What are some other things he can look for to tell the difference. Heated seat, grips, limited on the fender?

Old 08-30-2016, 12:36 PM
nfe
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by xupd42bmg
My friend just left to go look at a 2013 ultra limited" supposedly". The thing that throws me off is it has saddle bag guards. Most ultra limited don't have these. What are some other things he can look for to tell the difference. Heated seat, grips, limited on the fender?
Best way is to run the VIN.. You can do that many ways... But it's the safest! I was going to answer; however I don't remember if '13 had one for sure.

-G

Old 08-30-2016, 12:36 PM
Back-n-Black
Road Warrior
Received 427 Likes on 229 Posts

Look up the VIN number....

Old 08-30-2016, 12:39 PM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

[QUOTE=xupd42bmg;15464955]My friend just left to go look at a 2013 ultra limited" supposedly". The thing that throws me off is it has saddle bag guards. Most ultra limited don't have these. What are some other things he can look for to tell the difference. Heated seat, grips, limited on the fender?[/QUOTE

A lot of riders add the saddle bag gaurds no big deal, no heated seat stock on that bike, heated grips, CB, luggage rack, lower fairings are standard and a good visual to tell the difference between a classic...or you could just run the vin number....

Old 08-30-2016, 12:40 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts

I agree, run the VPN. Goodness only knows what the POs could have done/added/taken away in 4 years...

Old 08-30-2016, 12:41 PM
ElectraGlideSteve
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 61 Posts

The 2013 Ultra Limited does not have saddle bag guards.

Google is your friend:

2013 Harley-Davidson FLHTK Electra Glide Ultra Limited

This limited model comes fully-loaded to ride a step above the rest on all the miles ahead...

The Electra Glide® Ultra Limited provides the next step for those looking to stand out and upgrade their ride. Redefining "fully-loaded," the Electra Glide Ultra Limited boasts the large, 1690 cc Twin Cam 103™ engine, anti-lock brakes, electronic cruise control, Smart Security System, unique two-tone paint schemes, premium Tour-Pak® luggage rack, premium, plush removable luggage liners and heated hand grips as standard features. The innovative Harley-Davidson® Touring chassis is based on a single-spar, rigid backbone frame and a stout swingarm developed to withstand the demands of long-haul touring riders and today's powerful engines.

2013 Harley-Davidson FLHTK Electra Glide Ultra Limited Key Features

NEW Paint color options
• Black and Chrome, 28-spoke Cast Aluminum wheels with narrow whitewall tires
• Black powder-coated powertrain with chrome covers
• Chrome 2-1-2 dual exhaust with tapered mufflers
• Bat-wing, fork-mounted fairing with clear windshield
• Smoked adjustable fairing-mounted air deflectors
• Vented removable lower fairings with integral storage compartments
• Mid-frame air deflectors
• Chrome, low-profile fuel tank console
• Deep FL front fender with trim
• Stainless steel, classic touring handlebar
• One-piece, two-up Electra Glide® classic comfort stitch seat, sculpted for added comfort and easier straddling
• Passenger backrest with wrap-around armrests
• Injection-molded hard saddlebags with liners; 2.26 cu. ft. volume
• Injection Molded hard Tour-Pak® with soft luggage liners, storage pockets, wrap-around rear tail/brake lights and 12-volt, 15 amp power supply; 2.26 cu. ft. volume
• Premium Tour-Pak® luggage rack
• Titanium-faced, fairing-mounted electronic speedometer and tachometer plus fuel, voltage, oil pressure and ambient air temperature gauges with white LED lighting and larger font
• Heated hand grips
• 80-watt, four-speaker Advanced Audio System by Harman/Kardon with CD/MP3 player, and CB/Intercom
• LED rear fender tip light
• Auxiliary passing lights

But as others have said, running the VIN will give you the definite year.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:43 PM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 385 Likes on 221 Posts

I would agree the only way to know for sure is to check the vin. The guards could have been added.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:46 PM
whocares
Road Warrior
Received 432 Likes on 218 Posts

2016 parts and accessories book on page 396.these are available for the bike you're looking at.why would the guards concern you? The owner probably chose to install them.

Old 08-30-2016, 12:46 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts
Old 08-30-2016, 12:47 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Easiest way to visually tell a Limited from an Ultra is the way the paint is striped on the fairing and saddlebags. On a Limited the fairing stripe will drop down beside the headlight and will wrap around the end of the saddlebag.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help fast!!!