Motorcycles For Sale Place your ad here if you're selling your Motorcycle. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

To much money??

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 06:43 PM
Madcop
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default To much money??

I listed my 2006 Ultra Classic in several classifieds a week ago and have not had one nibble, an I asking to much? Here is my listing.

2006 Ultra Classic Black Cherry/Black Pearl with 42K in great condition, Vance & Hines Monster Rounds, Ohlins rear shocks, detachable tour pack, driver backrest, passenger backrest, luggage rack, touring seat, street glide seat, Bright *** lights strobing taillight, Trucklite Phase 7 led head light & spots, Wild One Chuuby's 10.5" bars, New clutch & throttle cable, Full Sac True Dual conversion, Radio was refurbed by Iron Cross Audio, Biketronics 2180 180wx2 amp, Biketronics 7.1" front speakers, Klock werks windshield, new rear tire, new brake pads front and rear- last season, Screaming Eagle Stage 1 air cleaner, Screaming Eagle cam chain tensioner upgrade, new lifters, Andrews 21 cams, Screaming eagle race tuner, Dyno tuned at Central Maine Harley, will also include a Harley Davidson rain suit. $10,500

Last edited by Madcop; 08-30-2016 at 06:51 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 06:48 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

Didn't see the price

Old 08-30-2016, 06:49 PM
Jakessg
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Madcop
I listed my 2006 Ultra Classic in several classifieds a week ago and have not had one nibble, an I asking to much? Here is my listing.

2006 Ultra Classic Black Cherry/Black Pearl with 42K in great condition, Vance & Hines Monster Rounds, Ohlins rear shocks, detachable tour pack, driver backrest, passenger backrest, luggage rack, touring seat, street glide seat, Bright *** lights strobing taillight, Trucklite Phase 7 led head light & spots, Wild One Chuuby's 10.5" bars, New clutch & throttle cable, Full Sac True Dual conversion, Radio was refurbed by Iron Cross Audio, Biketronics 2180 180wx2 amp, Biketronics 7.1" front speakers, Klock werks windshield, new rear tire, new brake pads front and rear- last season, Screaming Eagle Stage 1 air cleaner, Screaming Eagle cam chain tensioner upgrade, new lifters, Andrews 21 cams, Screaming eagle race tuner, Dyno tuned at Central Maine Harley, will also include a Harley Davidson rain suit.
You don't have a price listed!

Old 08-30-2016, 06:50 PM
Madcop
Cruiser

Opps sorry about that, asking $10500

Old 08-30-2016, 06:53 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 640 Likes on 333 Posts

How much?

You didn't list a price. I can say this, all the accessories don't mean squat for value. Look at bikes listed in your area and see what they're asking. Most people don't have the cash to buy a bike, so they need to get a loan. A lot of banks won't loan on anything too old. You might have to wait until the right buyer, who wants that exact bike comes along. Or strip the accessories, sell them and list the bike a little over blue book value and hope for the best.

Old 08-30-2016, 06:55 PM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

Seems fair with all the extras, but for the same money you could probably find a newer bike. Btw, would you recommend the Comp 850 lifters over the S&S standards?

Old 08-30-2016, 06:57 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 69,919 Likes on 21,309 Posts

$10.6 seems very fair to me.
Are you going to get another bike or?
Many times a dealership will let you consign it..

Old 08-30-2016, 06:57 PM
Madcop
Cruiser

Originally Posted by just plain john
Seems fair with all the extras, but for the same money you could probably find a newer bike. Btw, would you recommend the Comp 850 lifters over the S&S standards?
I went with what my mechanic recommended.

Originally Posted by lionsm13
$10.6 seems very fair to me.
Are you going to get another bike or?
Many times a dealership will let you consign it..
I've decided to switch over to dual sport.

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 08-12-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:01 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 640 Likes on 333 Posts

In my area that bike has a KBB value of $10750 trade in is $7890. Usually split the difference for private party. You also have a bike that's got what some would consider higher miles. I know the one dealer told me they won't take a bike with over 60k miles because they don't sell. Another dealer said that they can't sell an extended warranty on anything over 65k miles. I don't think you're too off base with the price, but the market is flooded with good low mile bikes. I paid $13500 for my 11 FLHTC. It had 42k miles. That was 2 years ago.

Old 08-30-2016, 07:03 PM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Buelligan666
How much?

You didn't list a price. I can say this, all the accessories don't mean squat for value. Look at bikes listed in your area and see what they're asking. Most people don't have the cash to buy a bike, so they need to get a loan. A lot of banks won't loan on anything too old. You might have to wait until the right buyer, who wants that exact bike comes along. Or strip the accessories, sell them and list the bike a little over blue book value and hope for the best.
I kind of agree with this, along with the '17s having just come out, and the end of the 'good' riding season coming into view in Maine, are all probably strikes against your situation right now.

Also, I'm seeing a LOT of used touring bikes at the dealers around me in southern NH - they recently pulled all their prices off the bikes on the floor, but before doing that, they were discounting pretty hard.

Personally if I were in the market, I think I'd expect to pay somewhere in the middle of the range between trade-in and retail for your bike - according to Kelley, that would put it in the 9-9.5K range.

Quick Reply: To much money??