Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An uncommon look

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 04:11 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

bike looks good, i agree needs a little something to break it up....id find a nice tank emblem ,,, great job though..

Old 09-13-2016, 07:11 PM
aspie_keith
Advanced
Received 23 Likes on 7 Posts

I like the new look! Good job!

Old 09-14-2016, 04:40 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

You should be the envy of all the Shark owners.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:27 PM
Ozbernie
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks great. Dare to be different I say. I like all the subtle changes. Blacking out the front end will look killer.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:32 PM
Ndfastln
Road Master
Received 157 Likes on 133 Posts

Your bike looks like crap because it doesn't look like mine..... seems to be a common theme. I like it, but I like different. In some cases the more different the better. I agree that powdering the front, floorboards and pedals would really set it off. I.m not a fan of vinyl, but done right could look good.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:29 PM
rv7garage
Road Master
Received 198 Likes on 157 Posts

Should black out those chrome heads now. Looks good

Old 10-19-2016, 10:29 AM
WhereduGo?
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CryingJoker
Customizing our bikes is always a metamorphosis. Sometimes we get the bike the way the want on the first try. Other times we get part way and realize this was not what we intended. My road glide was that way. When I got it I added 12" kst bars, a fuel moto header and jackpot mufflers, dk air cleaner and lower fairings with speakers. While a fair looking bike and good riding it just didn't feel right to me. So over the last 7 months I decided to make it more my style. I swapped out to 14" west coast mx t bars, a rush wrath 2-1 pipe, ditched the engine guard and fairings and added a set of hogtunes speaker lids and a soundstream 1000 amp and topped it off with a freedom shields sport touring windshield. Upgraded the rear suspension to 13" progressive 444. Just got it back together from paint and the first round of powder. It's not what most would probably do but it's definitely a conversation piece as are most my bikes. And most important of all its a blast to ride. It's an ever evolving process but hey cheaper than trading a 15 in to get a 17 right? Haha

Love those bars, your bike looks awesome too in the green bud !

I have a few questions on the Handlebars, I am looking to purchase a set of these bars and really need some input.
How is it not being able to have an un obstructed view of the gauge cluster ? Pros and cons ?
Comfort level compared to the stock or KST bars ?
How is the handeling and overall control over the bike ?
Do you have a pic from the side of you sitting on the bike and how tall are you ?? LMk I need to buy a new set of bars for my 2016 ASAP !!!

thanks !!!

Old 10-19-2016, 01:21 PM
skyflyer
Road Captain
Received 126 Likes on 73 Posts

The Green /Black combo rocks!

Old 10-25-2016, 06:46 AM
T Man
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

Looks great. Just a suggestion, with the engine guard gone the oil cooler cover is very exposed from a side view, what about getting that done in the green as well?

Old 10-25-2016, 08:46 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,687 Likes on 826 Posts

Going with the cut down look, have you ever looked into forward controls and losing the boards. I strip down my RK in the summer and thinking about removing the engine guard/highway pegs and going with forward controls. But keeping the floorboards to put back on in the winter.

Quick Reply: An uncommon look