Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some quick help with secuity system

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 11:51 AM
gonzosc1
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default need some quick help with secuity system

hey guy. 07 RK classic. a week or so ago I had to move the bike around the shed and did not have the FOB with me. of corase the lights flashed like crazy as the system did what it was suppose to do and when I was done the lights stopped flashing and it reset itself. now today I just went out to ride and the system won't let me start it. I have the FOB and the system comes on but the lights just keep flashing on me. so next I try to input my override code and still nothing. I even changed the code again and retried it and still nothing. I assume that the bike sees the FOB because it let me in the system to change the code.

what going on here? is there something that needs to be done after the alarm has been tripped? a reset or something before the system will work as it should?

Old 10-23-2016, 12:09 PM
Weavr99FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

No reset procedure. Will rearm on its own.
It is possible that the bike's battery was on its way out and the few minutes of flashing lights and polling for the fob killed it. Check the battery with a volt meter and charge if necessary. Also, even tho it appears the fob is being found because you reset your pin, change the fob battery anyway ( or take it out, rub it, put it back in).

Old 10-23-2016, 12:09 PM
timbo141
Road Warrior
Received 220 Likes on 158 Posts

I would pull the maxi fuse and see if it resets. The only thing that would concern me is you usually have to disarm right before pulling fuse. So not sure but would give it a try.

Old 10-23-2016, 12:19 PM
gonzosc1
Cruiser

ok I will go try both these odeas. head light appears to be bright

Old 10-23-2016, 12:52 PM
gonzosc1
Cruiser

ok I did everything you said and it was the FOB battery. did not have new one but taking it out and cleaning it did the trick.. which leaves one question. why would it not take the override code and start???? battery at 12.2 volts, all fuses good.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:03 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzosc1
ok I did everything you said and it was the FOB battery. did not have new one but taking it out and cleaning it did the trick.. which leaves one question. why would it not take the override code and start???? battery at 12.2 volts, all fuses good.
your bike may have been getting an intermittent signal from the fob. the next time this happens (think rfi interference in a parking lot), take your fob away (15 or 20 feet), and then try the override code. should work then.

Old 10-24-2016, 07:01 AM
glasspilot
Road Master
Received 263 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
your bike may have been getting an intermittent signal from the fob. the next time this happens (think rfi interference in a parking lot), take your fob away (15 or 20 feet), and then try the override code. should work then.
The OP has a 2007 RK. I think that may be too early for the proximity FOB. My '06 is the "dumb" fob that is simply hold the button to arm and double click to dis-arm. With these "vintage" FOB's the bike doesn't know how close or far away it is when you're not pushing the button.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:29 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,179 Likes on 2,450 Posts

no, 2007 was the first year for the proximity fob. had 2 of 'em (wife rides her own)

Old 10-24-2016, 10:00 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,503 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Just replace the FOB battery. Could be a tell-tale sign of things to come. Not sure on the '07, but you need a working FOB to change the code. Also you may need to wait a couple minutes before reentering the code again.

Old 05-17-2018, 02:22 AM
Cullmanco
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can a fob security system transfer to another bike

Hello, I've got a 2013 Street Glide and it doesn't have a security system at all. I recently found a great deal on a 2008 1200XL Nightster that came factory with the proxy fob system on it. I don't really need a security system on it but would like to have this on my Street Glide. Can this system be transferred over from one bike to the other? Thanks

Quick Reply: need some quick help with secuity system