Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Riding Gear

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 01:13 AM
Onedef1
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by clackavosticus
Don't forget Harley branded heated gear. I have had the HD jacket liner for a couple of seasons now and it works a treat!
That HD liner works so good I didn't have to turn it on almost ever. Just didn't feel necessary, even in the 20's-30's . When I finally did decide to try it turned ON, not out of necessity, mind you, I was surprised. Felt like a nice great big hug. Went from warm with it off to fantastically cozy with it on. Wow. That's good stuff. I have one for both of us, now; and have been kicking myself ever since for not buying it sooner. Gloves, though, I find them too bulky for my taste and they're either off or way too hot.. Lol.. My heated grips are enough.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:49 AM
trumpy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another vote for Gerbings, very happy with my jacket.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:30 AM
austinslider
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've been using First Gear (jacket & pants) for the past 3 years and it's worth every penny. In fact, I used it this morning...

Old 10-24-2016, 12:23 PM
Smokewaggin
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by austinslider
I've been using First Gear (jacket & pants) for the past 3 years and it's worth every penny. In fact, I used it this morning...
​​​​​First gear is made by Warm & Safe, good stuff. They will even take them as part of their "Trade Up" program.

I've tried battery operated gloves, but they didn't help much and don't last long ebough for some of my winter trips. They were fine down to about freezing, but couldn't keep up. I don't have a fairing or any wind blocking on my hands so that makes quite a difference. Just ordered some hand guards/wind blockers to see how they effect things. Would love to go with battery vs wired in to the bike.

Old 10-24-2016, 01:36 PM
dsigrist
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokewaggin
​​​​​I've tried battery operated gloves, but they didn't help much and don't last long ebough for some of my winter trips.
Exactly what Smokewaggin said; the batteries are a PITA.

My wife and I use Gerbing (from when it was still owned by the family) and she's heated from the soles of her feet all the way to her neck. I just use a jacket liner which keeps me plenty warm.

Whatever you end up with just make sure you get a thermostat to make adjustments. Going with just a an on/off switch is an even bigger problem.

I have my connector from the battery exiting towards the front of my seat on the left side because that's where the connector is on my jacket. Very easy to connect once I'm seated on the bike. I clip the thermostat to my left jacket pocket which makes it easy to adjust.

Once you start using it you'll kick yourself for waiting so long.

Old 10-24-2016, 02:28 PM
madmustang4
Tourer
Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Wife and I have complete Firstgear heated from socks all the way up to gloves and jacket. But, we don't use them all that much. Got Arctic Cat Boss Cat Snowmobile Pants and they do an outstanding job of keeping legs warm. They are waterproof, thinsulate, zip all the way up leg, have cuff inside to stop air from coming up the inside. They really are great and make a big difference. Above the waist we just layer and that works great as long as you have an air proof jacket (leather, etc).

Old 10-24-2016, 05:28 PM
Tinman265
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought venture heated gear. Very happy and compatible with my Harley heated gloves

Old 10-24-2016, 06:38 PM
wparente
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I have Warm & Safe and really like the vest. The thing I like the most is the infinitely variable blue tooth remote control. I just Velcro the temp control to the under side of the windshield bag so that I look right at the dial and always know where I started and where I currently am on the dial.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:55 PM
WB
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I ride with Gerbing, the wife has First Gear (twarm & safe). I think her gear is better than mine. Both are good IMO

Old 10-24-2016, 09:55 PM
SnoRider
Road Warrior
Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

I have heated insoles and gloves. Yes the wires are a major, major PITA but I would rather deal with them than have the batteries run out half the way through the ride.

Quick Reply: Heated Riding Gear