Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike and a trike in a trailer

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 12:08 PM
kblhd
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 97 Posts
Default Bike and a trike in a trailer

Anyone have experience with putting a Streetglide and a Freewheeler in an enclosed trailer? Looking to see what size trailer I might need to get them both in.

Old 11-13-2016, 12:19 PM
Northern Cowboy
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been researching the same thing. My calculations show that a 20' trailer - either 7' or 8' wide. I will go with the 8' or even 8.5' so I can haul a third bike if I want

The following 2 users liked this post by Northern Cowboy:
armycop95 (09-05-2019), StrokedShovel (08-25-2019)
Old 11-13-2016, 12:29 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,749 Likes on 6,894 Posts

I would probably go with a v-nose and put the trike in first all the way to the front and center the street glide behind it.

Old 11-13-2016, 03:11 PM
pacemakertom
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

I have a 7x14 vee nose trailer.
Put a freewheeler and a Limited in.
Very tight.
Backed up the freewheeler all the way and slid the front wheel all the way sideways.
Pulled the limited in and pulled up tight.

It was so close that the owner of the freewheeler did not trust it so we pulled it out and pit it in another trailer.

If I had to vote, I would go with 7x16 or 7-1/2 x 16

Tom

Old 11-13-2016, 06:04 PM
kblhd
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 97 Posts

It looks like a 16 foot with v nose would just make it as a StreetGlide and a Freewheeler are roughly 200 inches total. A 16 footer plus the 24" v would be close to 216 inches, With the trike all the way into the v it would leave just enough room for the StreetGlide. Just wondering if anyone has done this.

Old 11-14-2016, 01:15 AM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,604 Posts

I had a 7'x20' V-nose snowmobile trailer with drop-down doors on the rear and on the LH side nose.
The narrow body didn't require "trailer style" truck mirrors and I had plenty of room to get around the bikes and enough floor space for plastic containers for my gear.

My only regret in buying it was that it was steel and not aluminum but you have to use a trailer a lot to justify the extra cost of aluminum.

Old 11-14-2016, 08:59 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by 2AMGuy
I had a 7'x20' V-nose snowmobile trailer with drop-down doors on the rear and on the LH side nose.
The narrow body didn't require "trailer style" truck mirrors and I had plenty of room to get around the bikes and enough floor space for plastic containers for my gear.

My only regret in buying it was that it was steel and not aluminum but you have to use a trailer a lot to justify the extra cost of aluminum.
Exact same scenario here and trailer configuration except mine is 7x18. The measurement does not count the V, that's about 2 feet to the point of it. It's a Kristi. I wish I'd had the cash on hand for a Blizzard but it just wasn't going to happen when I needed a trailer.
Last year we hauled a Fat Boy, a Heritage, a Deluxe and a Street Glide 1300 miles each way to Florida. The year before, just the Fat Boy and Deluxe on the trip down. But we hauled those 2 bikes and a Tri Glide home. Set the parking brake on the trike. Strapped it so that 2 were pulling toward the front of the trailer and 2 were pulling to the rear. No issues.

Old 11-14-2016, 02:27 PM
CalgaryBikeBum
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a 2008 Streetglide and wife has a 2012 Triglide Ultra. My trailer is a 7 x 14 Haulmark LowHauler. So that doesn't include V nose. I got both bikes in but did remove the saddle bag on right side to just make sure there weren't any misshaps. Was a close fit (trike fender had 2 inches from wall) but travelled 1400 miles to Laughlin Nevada checking it constantly. Nothing moved and no issues whatsoever. Now, that being said, I had bought a Biker Bar for mine and then decided I didn't want to trust straps on the Trike so bought a second biker bar and locked Triglide down with one too. Probably overkill but worked fantastic so no regrets. We then rode for 2 weeks in the desert and then i loaded them back up and hauled them another 1400 miles home to Canada. Not issues so it can be done. Just planning and being careful.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:23 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Always go bigger. Just fits will be aggravating. Extra room for gear. Coolers. Whatever. Spend the money once. I'd get the 20'x8' and be done with it.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:51 PM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I went with the R & R Aluminum trailer. Size is 7'6" X 16. V nose. Nice thing is with the V nose and going wider it also lengthened the nose. Inside total length with the tail door up is 19'3". This works out perfect and the wife's Tri Glide goes in first then a removable wheel chock goes down and my EG Limited runs right up behind. Gives about 1' between the bikes so it is easier to strap everything down. With the extra 6" in width I can haul by buddies CVO EG side by side without fear of banging fairings. Or I haul a small quad for tooling around the campgrounds. I got the tip out bed option too. It tips to the outside so you can go to sleep even with the bikes inside. Don't have to unload everything. One thing of caution with the trike so far up in the nose you will have a good bit of tong weight. I am about 750 lb so make sure your hitch and rig is rated accordingly.

Quick Reply: Bike and a trike in a trailer