Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rinehart 2 into 1

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 04:22 PM
GibsonSG
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Good points B Bop, brought something to mind to consider as well...

After the first few thousand miles, how much time do you spend at what RPM range?

Around town you can get the pipes to bark pulling away from a stop or get them to stay pretty quiet.

I noticed that cruising on two lane highways or open road at 45-60mph at steady RPM that I had no trouble hearing the stereo and exhaust tone was pretty mild. When moving to interstate 70-85mph and with the engine under load to maintain speed, it was hard to recognize the song that way playing...and no, it wasn't due to wind noise.

If I spent most of my time at interstate speed, I'd probably be looking for something a bit quieter.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:48 PM
PauleyB
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the 2-1 on my 13 Road Glide Custom. I made a video of the sound before and after cams. Here is it for your listening pleasure...

The following users liked this post:
teedubbyaw (12-14-2016)
Old 12-09-2016, 05:49 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,362 Likes on 2,617 Posts

Originally Posted by GibsonSG
Good points B Bop, brought something to mind to consider as well...

After the first few thousand miles, how much time do you spend at what RPM range?

Around town you can get the pipes to bark pulling away from a stop or get them to stay pretty quiet.

I noticed that cruising on two lane highways or open road at 45-60mph at steady RPM that I had no trouble hearing the stereo and exhaust tone was pretty mild. When moving to interstate 70-85mph and with the engine under load to maintain speed, it was hard to recognize the song that way playing...and no, it wasn't due to wind noise.

If I spent most of my time at interstate speed, I'd probably be looking for something a bit quieter.
You need a better audio setup, not different pipes.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:37 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by PauleyB
I had the 2-1 on my 13 Road Glide Custom. I made a video of the sound before and after cams. Here is it for your listening pleasure...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQvn3AD2oYE
This is a good point. I'm running a Pro Pipe, and after putting in the cams and retuning, the bike is noticeably louder. Even my riding buddy who normally is right behind me commented on it.

Old 12-09-2016, 07:28 PM
B Bop
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
You need a better audio setup, not different pipes.
I was thinking you should ditch the audio system and tune into that beautiful symphony coming from those sweet sounding pipes.... That's music to my ears!

That's the beauty of owning a Harley, there is something in it for everyone!

B Bop

2012 FLHR (Road King) Ember Red Sunglo & Merlo
Cruise Control, ABS, Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced Spoke Tubeless Wheels, Security Package, Saddle Bag LED Lid Spoilers, and an array of accessories that enhances nostalgic appearance & blood curdling performance.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:46 PM
teedubbyaw
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Can anyone comment on how loud this pipe is? Seems like it's on the quieter side, but hard to tell in videos.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:15 PM
lizard86
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by teedubbyaw
Can anyone comment on how loud this pipe is? Seems like it's on the quieter side, but hard to tell in videos.
Its quieter than the fatcat, thunderheader and propipe. Those are all I can speak of for sure. Its a deeper tone and I personally love it. It doesn't get obnoxious on long trips.
By the way, I love loud pipes, just not on my touring bike. I run drag pipes on my sportster and bassani pro streets on my Dyna.

Old 12-19-2016, 08:39 PM
teedubbyaw
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by lizard86
Its quieter than the fatcat, thunderheader and propipe. Those are all I can speak of for sure. Its a deeper tone and I personally love it. It doesn't get obnoxious on long trips.
By the way, I love loud pipes, just not on my touring bike. I run drag pipes on my sportster and bassani pro streets on my Dyna.
thanks. Exactly what I needed to know.