Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anti-Gravity booster packs,,,,,

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 10:01 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,283 Likes on 2,350 Posts
Default Anti-Gravity booster packs,,,,,

Been thinking about this style of product for the "just in case" moment. I know there are cables that get plugged into the booster with large clamps that go to the battery, seems the clamps won't quite fit on the battery posts. Is there a pigtail available that can be connected to the battery, then if you need to jump the battery, one just plug the pigtail to the pack. Otherwise , remove the saddlebag, remove the seat, get the bike started put bike back together. Just trying to streamline the evolution. Thanks.

Old 12-04-2016, 10:44 PM
E8USMCRET
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,250 Likes on 6,546 Posts

They make a pigtail that you can attach of your battery just like the ones for a battery tender. My Softail SS seat comes off with two hand tightened bolts so I just remove the seat and attach the cables just like on a car. I have the XP-1 and it saved my *** last year in Daytona. I just fired off a customers 8 cylinder pickup with one crank a few days ago. My battery in my pickup finally died today but the XP-1 couldn't jump it, I needed another car to fire me off. I guess they don't work on a fully spent battery but well worth the price in my view.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:17 PM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,726 Posts

I wanted to minimize the wires hanging off the battery terminals, so made a 10awg wire pigtail with a standard SAE connector, the kind you plug most battery tenders into. Then made a short 10awg adapter with the corresponding SAE connector on one end and the EC5 connector on the other that most Lithium Ion jumper batteries use. Just carry the adapter and battery, and easy to plug the tender in when it's going to sit a while. I didn't, but it wouldn't hurt to wire an inline fuse in the pigtail, too. Don't even think of just making the adapter cable to plug into an existing battery tender cable, they're way too lightweight and you'd probably melt something. You could also get the Antigravity pigtail that goes on the battery and make an adapter that would let you connect battery tenders to it. I choose to do it the way I did so it would be easy to plug other options into it, too, that use SAE connectors.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:33 AM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

just put the + clamp at the starter (where the battery positive cable attaches)- that's pretty accessible

and put the - anywhere you get a good connection- no paint, no chrome- closer to starter the better.

but be aware that a duff battery can strain your charging system and kill it. if the battery is not holding any kind of a charge it is a constant load ( like dragging and anchor).

i have seen riders turn a $100 battery problem into a $600 charging system problem...plus the battery.

Mike

The following users liked this post:
Boomer1143 (12-05-2016)
Old 12-05-2016, 08:49 AM
Boomer1143
Road Master
Received 174 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
just put the + clamp at the starter (where the battery positive cable attaches)- that's pretty accessible

and put the - anywhere you get a good connection- no paint, no chrome- closer to starter the better.

but be aware that a duff battery can strain your charging system and kill it. if the battery is not holding any kind of a charge it is a constant load ( like dragging and anchor).

i have seen riders turn a $100 battery problem into a $600 charging system problem...plus the battery.

Mike

Old 12-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by seniorsuperglideE8
Is there a pigtail available that can be connected to the battery, then if you need to jump the battery, one just plug the pigtail to the pack.
This is a ~local Mom-&-Pop ran business and between myself & other buddies, we've bought no less than 5 of these jump packs from them. They don't show the harness on the website/photos, but they have it. You'd need to call and ask for it. I have mine routed under the left side cover.

http://www.heatedclothing4u.com/_p/p...6-jump-starter

Buddy had to use his for the bike and with the harness - it gave us a 'downtime' of less than a minute. While on a trip, I pulled into a gas station and a POS van wouldn't start. I pulled out the jump pack from my bike and got the van fired up.

Bought another one to have in Wife's car as it's pretty fool proof.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:59 PM
HarleyGTP
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 42 Posts

Those of you who are considering the anti-gravity pack with pigtail, please see the amazon reviews of this product:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The polarity is reversed for in the pigtail in order to allow the voltage protection circuitry to work with a battery tender. But it doesn't even do that right!

+1 for the unit, -25 for the pigtail.

Oh, and there customer service is lacking also. They provided no feedback to my problem and only offered to replace the pigtail for another after I filled out a 2 page return form and pay for returned shipping.

Last edited by HarleyGTP; 12-05-2016 at 07:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ragtop (12-05-2016)
Old 12-05-2016, 07:39 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyGTP
Those of you who are considering the anti-gravity pack with pigtail, please see the amazon reviews of this product:

The polarity is reversed for in the pigtail in order to allow the voltage protection circuitry to work with a battery tender. But it doesn't even do that right!

Oh, and there customer service is lacking also. They provided no feedback to my problem and only offered to replace the pigtail for another after I filled out a 2 page return form and pay for returned shipping.
As mentioned above, do not buy the Anti-Gravity pigtail that they sell. It is junk and doesn't work as they claim. It won't even let most battery tenders charge the battery on the bike. And as mentioned, their customer service is the worst.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,011 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyGTP

Thanks for posting this, I just installed one of those on my RK.
I'll have to check out the polarity now!
If it's backwards, can't I just reverse the leads, or does the diode thing
cause a problem with that?

Old 12-05-2016, 09:29 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,283 Likes on 2,350 Posts

Can't the pigtail be checked with a muti-meter for polarity. The meter I have will show - if the leads are reversed.

Quick Reply: Anti-Gravity booster packs,,,,,