Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TMax or PC?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 01:51 PM
fishinfather
Cruiser
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Following...

I'm thinking T Max myself. Haven't seen anything yet to make me want to change my mind other than price... one local shop did say "that's old technology" and wanted me use something else...

Old 01-18-2017, 02:04 PM
B Bop
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

The other shops that are closest to me, keep telling me to go with the 510g, cobra fi 2000 (1500.00 to 2000.00) All the reading I have done, it seems to me that the cobra is a waste of money. I have some suggestions by other shops to go with gear drive and thunder max with auto-tune. Make sense?

The reason many shops state Cobra Fi2000 w/AT is a waste of money under (500.00) is their services are not rendered, no are any other related sales can be made (no profit). It's a plug and play system that I'm currently using and cannot find any problems. 40% more power from idle to redline no hesitation pulls hard throughout the gears, 44 mpg/42 mph 2 up highway. I don't understand why more Harley enthusiast are not using this fuel tuner.

I suppose a fuel tuner needs to be complicated and requires additional $$$, or a technicians insight $$$ or site commissioned promoters $$$ for someone to believe its worth it IMHO.

Heat management system was activated almost every time I came to a traffic light. After installing Cobra Fi2000 w/AT WOW!!! unbelievable power across the entire band. No more HMS!!! No downloads/maps, or dynos required. I suppose it just way to simple and cost efficient to be true!

B Bop

To each his own bro, just trying to open some eyes here! We are good!

2012 FLHR (Road King) Ember Red Sunglo & Merlo
Cruise Control, ABS, Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced Spoke Tubeless Wheels, Security Package, Saddle Bag LED Lid Spoilers, and an array of accessories that enhances nostalgic appearance & blood curdling performance.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Last edited by B Bop; 01-18-2017 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:10 PM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,681 Likes on 824 Posts

I have had good luck with Thundermax auto tune. I have made several changes since installing like different headpipe, different mufflers, different intake and never had to mess with the thundermax since the initial download with my laptop.

Old 01-18-2017, 02:25 PM
82NoMe
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am running the T-Max. I live at 5000' Ride to the coast sea level with 8000' passes on the way. I have never had a hiccup.

Old 01-18-2017, 03:03 PM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 385 Likes on 221 Posts

I've had T-Max on 3 bikes. 2 of those my wife and I still have. They've worked well for me. I can change components on the bikes and not have to get a dyno tune every time I do so. Are the tunes the highest optimum tune possible? I doubt it but they run very well and we've been happy with the performance. They are nice if your a do it yourself person.

Old 01-18-2017, 05:35 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,252 Likes on 3,626 Posts

Originally Posted by B Bop
The other shops that are closest to me, keep telling me to go with the 510g, cobra fi 2000 (1500.00 to 2000.00) All the reading I have done, it seems to me that the cobra is a waste of money. I have some suggestions by other shops to go with gear drive and thunder max with auto-tune. Make sense?

The reason many shops state Cobra Fi2000 w/AT is a waste of money under (500.00) is their services are not rendered, no are any other related sales can be made (no profit). It's a plug and play system that I'm currently using and cannot find any problems. 40% more power from idle to redline no hesitation pulls hard throughout the gears, 44 mpg/42 mph 2 up highway. I don't understand why more Harley enthusiast are not using this fuel tuner.

I suppose a fuel tuner needs to be complicated and requires additional $$$, or a technicians insight $$$ or site commissioned promoters $$$ for someone to believe its worth it IMHO.

Heat management system was activated almost every time I came to a traffic light. After installing Cobra Fi2000 w/AT WOW!!! unbelievable power across the entire band. No more HMS!!! No downloads/maps, or dynos required. I suppose it just way to simple and cost efficient to be true!

B Bop

To each his own bro, just trying to open some eyes here! We are good!

Cruise Control, ABS, Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced Spoke Tubeless Wheels, Security Package, Saddle Bag LED Lid Spoilers, and an array of accessories that enhances nostalgic appearance & blood curdling performance.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
There look to be a number of issues that would cause me to stay away from this fuel adder.

1. Look to use narrow band sensors.. Fuel adjustment range limited..

2. Doesn't mess with timing. HD stock download uses too much timing to limit emissions. System will likely work with only limited compression.

3. Only adds fuel. Cannot dial in starting parameters..

4. Cannot set Fuel injector timing.

5. Cannot adjust for injector size change..

They are probably OK for a stage 1 and possibly a few cams..

Old 01-18-2017, 10:58 PM
RCinLaveen
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 09 YELLOWBIRD
My vote is neither!

TTS MaterTune Turner or PowerVison would be a much better choice.

YB
Yep, TTS MasterTune is on my bike, and, gets my vote. A little self education and computer work is necessary (but easy) and fun.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:10 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

I favor the TTS. I have two with it and two with the now defunct SE race tuner. They are essentially the same systems as TTS developed the H-D race tuner for them. They have parted ways since then.

But I don't know about the other tuners as I have never used them. The one exception is the Cobra FI2000R-CL which for the money was perfect. It ran a power afr in closed loop.

They are not made anymore and Cobra only has the Power Pro or whatever they call it and it only operates in open loop besides costing much more than the old closed loop model.

I am to timid to mess with either the TTS or SERT. Maybe I will get brave some day. I have a laptop and the cables just sitting in a box.

My M8 has the new H-D street tuner. It is good for retuning after the various stages. But I let the dealer do it.

Last edited by lh4x4; 01-18-2017 at 11:15 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:21 PM
B Bop
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

Absolutely Cobra Fi2000 w/AT is best for stage 1 with cam upgrades, buuuut isn't that the majority of Harley owner's? If that is the extent of your hobbies can understand pouring your money into your scoot, but many including myself are not going beyond stage 1 w/cams, as we need to distribute play money in other categories, boats, street rods, 4 wheel off road, 1961 fuel injection Corvette etc., etc.

If I was rich like Donald Trump then all my toys would be maxed out correct!

B Bop

Old 01-19-2017, 02:51 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,291 Likes on 1,905 Posts

I've never had the Cobra, what I've read I didn't like. I have had TTS, TMax and currently use Power Vision. I found the TTS was difficult to "auto tune" but it could have been me. The Tmax worked well for me, I'd run an "auto tune" twice a year and the bikes ran good. I changed to PV on my wife, Kim's 2015 limited and when I bought a used 2014 for myself it also got a PV. The PV is the easiest to use so far and my MPG and power are the best by far. I bought the PV's and installed a map for the stage one one each bike then ran a few Auto Tune sessions. The bikes run great and I don't feel the need to have them Dynoed.
Good Luck
Bill

Quick Reply: TMax or PC?