Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help re: Aux switches

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 07:38 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Subscribed as I'll need this

Old 01-14-2017, 08:29 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,152 Likes on 2,934 Posts

Originally Posted by ejvette
Yes I need the larger than 2amp to power a small compressor.

As said this is already in the harness. It uses a relay to handle the extra amperage

Old 01-15-2017, 06:53 AM
mpr3369
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I installed the right side momentary switches (lock,unlock) and use them for up and down on my rear air ride.

Old 01-16-2017, 11:46 AM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Can anyone tell me where the other end of those harnesses are to plug in your power accessories?
I want to have a dash switch to a powered accessory in my saddle bag . If anyone could walk me through this it would be greatly appreciated!
See if my post on the subject helps you out.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...l#post15155823

Old 01-16-2017, 04:39 PM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Baeseman1
See if my post on the subject helps you out.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...l#post15155823
Great info on the cable routing thanks!

Old 01-18-2017, 06:08 PM
Markn77
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nevermind my this post wrong thread

Last edited by Markn77; 01-19-2017 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:02 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

I went to the dealer today. They did not have an exact answer as to what I need for my 2017 FLHTKSE. I was told that it was already wired and all I needed was the actual switch. Does anyone know about this. My shop manuals are not in yet. Guess I need to take the cover off and check to see what is there. Don't see a listing in the parts manual for just the switch.

Old 01-19-2017, 09:03 PM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by davidwruth
I was told that it was already wired and all I needed was the actual switch. Does anyone know about this.
I realize you have a 17, but I can't imagine they re-invented the wheel as far as the 14-16s go.
I added 2 ACC switches from the kit, then changed one to the 'light' as I added fog lights. I have (from left to right) Passing lights, Fog lights, ACC switch. The actual Switch I ordered was this... About 13 bucks.
\

My current dash with the above switch

But even with that, the switches only operate this plug (Under my FP3)

So yeah, it's already wired and all you need are a couple of switches,,,,,,, to make that plug switched on/off.

The following users liked this post:
davidwruth (01-20-2017)
Old 01-20-2017, 02:30 AM
Onedef1
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

The posts above this one, these guys are all right for the most part. These switches are weird in that they have a lot of options. Generally you can plug just about anything into that left side cover or under the seat ACC connections and the ECM will know what to do. As far as the actual switches go, you just need to pay attention as to whether you're wanting to use an on-off switch or a momentary switch. The right side switch assembly are CVO and you won't find it at a dealer, they'll say they don't even show it in the system - that part No is 71400033 SWITCH PAK, ILLUMINATED, LOCK/UNLOCK and you can find it at Boardtracker; it has the lock-unlock momentary switches, and one blank (that you can change, if you want). The left side I am NOT sure can be changed to a momentary button(s) but mostly we see them used for lighting; the furthest left button is Aux lights, (the only active one it comes with, and if you use if for Aux lights, you want the harness for them that plugs into the turn signal harness, no left side cover involved; and you want to have the dealer flash the ECM so you can control them independent of the high beam) middle one is Fogs (or something else, goes to the left side cover) and the right ACC is an accessory button for whatever you want, that can be flexible as well. The left switch is part no. 69200172 SWITCH ASY, DASHPANEL, MTND, FOG and the dealer can get you that one (or get both at Boardtracker) and you can find the buttons if you want (dealer again, or you guessed it, Boardtracker) to change them (cosmetic, or functional, but again, I don't know if you can change them to momentary [itd be nice if we can, but that pak does specify MTND, "Maintained", or, on/off]). It only comes with ONE active button and the other 2 are blanks that you can change out to active ones (the $13 thing you read about in an above post) all this I learned about on my 2014 SG. Both those paks are $80-$100, I forget.

And that's about all I got... I'd be interested to know if we can modify the button action to off-on to momentary on that with a button change, myself. I have both paks, I guess I could try and swap the buttons and see if they work... didn't think of that til just now..

Last edited by Onedef1; 01-20-2017 at 03:16 AM.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:53 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

Thanks guys those are very helpful responses. One more question. How to the dummy plugs come out.

Quick Reply: Help re: Aux switches