Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Memphis shades height vs original windshield question

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 06:16 PM
Solitario
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Memphis shades height vs original windshield question

Hi. I would like to change my original windshield for a memphis Chad es replacements I have seen that they have 15 17 19 and 21 inches replacements. I would like something like stock or a bit higher. I wrote them but they are not very friendly answering and they seem not to know which one will be as tall as oem windshield

Can anybody help please?

Thank you in advance

Old 02-05-2017, 06:26 PM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,657 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Call them. Very helpful and friendly. Can't tell you how many of their shields I have bought. Between Road Kings, both regular shields as well as for Memphis Shades fairings and Mako for Road Glides, probably a dozen or close. Their rule of thumb is 2" below nose height if I remember correctly. All of mine have been dark smoke and very happy.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:33 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Solitario
Hi. I would like to change my original windshield for a memphis Chad es replacements I have seen that they have 15 17 19 and 21 inches replacements. I would like something like stock or a bit higher. I wrote them but they are not very friendly answering and they seem not to know which one will be as tall as oem windshield

Can anybody help please?

Thank you in advance
Road King? If Road King, 19" is standard from Harley, so 21" from Memphis Shades. I would check out Long Ride Shields website. They run a half price sale often. Their premium recurve shield runs about 1" higher then listed size. Their dark shade is too dark for most and the medium tint is their most popular.

Last edited by checkers; 02-05-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:44 AM
Solitario
Tourer

Originally Posted by checkers
Road King? If Road King, 19" is standard from Harley, so 21" from Memphis Shades. I would check out Long Ride Shields website. They run a half price sale often. Their premium recurve shield runs about 1" higher then listed size. Their dark shade is too dark for most and the medium tint is their most popular.
If I measure my road king from top of the headlamp is a bit less than 19 inch. Memphis shades told me stock harley is 17 I think they are wrong and that's why I'm confused.

I wanted the memphis shade because of the teal green one that matches my rkc

Thanks a lot

Old 02-09-2017, 08:55 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

They always measure the windshields from the top of the headlight cut out to the top of the windshield. Not from the top of the headlamp. And if I was you I would look into the recurve type windshields that several companies offer.

Old 02-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Solitario
Tourer

Originally Posted by checkers
Originally Posted by KCFLHRC
They always measure the windshields from the top of the headlight cut out to the top of the windshield. Not from the top of the headlamp. And if I was you I would look into the recurve type windshields that several companies offer.
Yes I wanted to say that... from top of the headlight cut. Mine is 18 inches not 19... it's a rkc 2009... so I guess 1 inch more is all I need... 21 would be 3 inches more and that seems to much. I'm 6 ft tall so 19 inch should be enough.

About the recurve Shields y like that but they don't have teal tint and I'm working on a duo glide tribute with my rkc

Thanks a lot

Old 02-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Solitario
Tourer

also... in memphis shades website theres a pic of a windshield in the replacement kits section and it shows 22" but dont know what does it mean or if its a mistake because if harley oem is 19" and they sell 15, 17, 19 and 21" why do they show that pic with a 22" tall?

here is the link

http://www.memphisshades.com/harley-...arley-davidson