Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

103 shelf life

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 09:31 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,362 Likes on 2,617 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
Reading forums has totally cured me of wanting to buy a used bike.
I agree for yet another reason - how many times have you seen posts that describe a defect, that say, happens intermittently, or only when hot. Cant or doesnt get resolved, and the OP gives up and decides to trade it in.

No thank you!

Old 04-19-2017, 01:17 PM
B Bop
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts

I agree on buying a used scoot on first 15 minutes of conversation. Followed by observation paying attention on how the scoot is maintained, record keeping is essential & what kind of person the owner is. If the owner brags on how fast he rides it, or how he neglects scheduled maintenance intervals, I'm out of there quickly!

Buuuut if scoot looks good "up close", and the owner is not aggressive in behaver, has full documented maintenance, and to add brags about performing maintenance generally before its required, or states he never had it over 70 mph. for instance. I would say this is a great buy and wouldn't care at all paying slightly higher price for it.

It's about the quality of the rider/owner & his attentiveness to details brings me to the sale.

B Bop

2012 FLHR (Road King) Ember Red Sunglo & Merlo
Cruise Control, ABS, Chrome Aluminum Profile Laced Spoke Tubeless Wheels, Security Package, Saddle Bag LED Lid Spoilers, and an array of accessories that enhances nostalgic appearance & blood curdling performance.

No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session.