Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experience with the Rouge Chopper oil scavenging system?

Old 02-27-2017, 07:32 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,561 Likes on 5,153 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedcherokee In Japan they don't change their oil, they are forced to replace there engines at 30-40K miles, what a trade off. Now whether that is true, I don't know, that is just hear say on my part from when I was getting Japanese engines years ago.

Toby

I have no idea about the oil change thing, but back in the 70's the engine thing was true. There was a used Japanese engine store on every block here in Cal.

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below... For all Twin Cams and Evo Big Twins & Sporsters
In the 70's there was still an auto engine shop on every corner here. Engine did not hold up that well. Redoing heads, short blocks was a common thing. Most high school kids knew how to a head job on a small block. How soon we forget.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:57 AM
boston jim
Contact IB Sales to have your account opened
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Sump Plug

Originally Posted by ricktherocket
Why not just pull the plug at the sump and drain the old oil out that way, I would think you could most of it out then. I may be wrong, that happens once every ten years or so.
My understanding is that Sump plug has something to do with casting the block, like a freeze plug, in a car? The manual states somewhere to NEVER try to remove it, it's in there with Gorilla Glue! If you do get it out, & drain the sump, you've lost your oil pressure, & end up with an air lock, dry motor, Good Luck! Not an Opinion, FACT!

Old 03-02-2017, 12:18 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

I always like to ask folks who start their post with, "My understanding is" and finish it with "Not an Opinion, FACT!",

How do you know?

Beary

Old 03-02-2017, 12:18 PM
boston jim
Default Scavenger User!

Originally Posted by ORradtech
I've never liked the idea of leaving .5 qt or more of old oil in the engine at change time. I've always done it per HD instructions but being able to get all the old oil out appeals to me.
So, anyone use it, likes, dislikes, worth $97? Any other options out there to get all the old oil out?
Hey OR, I guess by your signature, you work in a hospital? You wouldn't use any old, dirty blood in a patient, would you?

I've been using 2 different Scavengers, on my 2 different Harley's, since 2004! Me & Phil, the Inventor have sold 1000's of Scavengers since 2003, without one complaint! I take that back, we do get one complaint; CAN'T READ THE DIPSTICK! A complete Scavenger oil change will take out from 24 to 32 oz of dirty oil, without losing oil pressure! After your done, your bike has a Belly full of clean fresh oil, like the day it rolled out of Milwaukee! The Evo & TC Scavengers are different, because the oil is going in opposite directions! PM me, Anybody!

Old 03-02-2017, 12:45 PM
boston jim
Default Understanding!

Originally Posted by beary
I always like to ask folks who start their post with, "My understanding is" and finish it with "Not an Opinion, FACT!",

How do you know?
Beary
Beary, "you don't understand", Donny Petersen told me! I've been buying or subscribing to all the major Bike mags for 50 years, starting with Ed"Big Daddy"Roth, in 67! I did some Drag Racing 45 years ago, hung out at a V-Twin motor shop for years, etc. "You don't know, what you don't know", that's an opinion!

PS, Don't make me take back, what I said about you! Just kidding!

Old 03-02-2017, 01:57 PM
Buelligan666
Stellar HDF Member
Received 640 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by boston jim
You wouldn't use any old, dirty blood in a patient, would you?
They use used blood. Just sayin...

Old 03-02-2017, 02:46 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Beary, "you don't understand", Donny Petersen told me! I've been buying or subscribing to all the major Bike mags for 50 years, starting with Ed"Big Daddy"Roth, in 67! I did some Drag Racing 45 years ago, hung out at a V-Twin motor shop for years, etc. "You don't know, what you don't know", that's an opinion!

PS, Don't make me take back, what I said about you! Just kidding!
I just like to hear "been there and done that stories". OK, add a sixpack and you have my attention all day.

I bow to your knowledge and look forward to more of your posts.

Beary

Old 03-02-2017, 02:51 PM
desertwolf
Road Master
Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Every oil analysis I've seen has said that the oil change interval could be extended based on 3000 to 5000 mile change intervals. I've never seen a uoa that said the oil was worn out and to shorten your oil change interal. To me that says that there are still miles left in the oil being drained out. So even if 20% is getting mixed in new oil - I don't worry about it.
Change your oil every 3000 miles and forget about it.

Old 03-02-2017, 04:08 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Buelligan666
They use used blood. Just sayin...
Yes they do. But it is cleaned first.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:08 PM
ricktherocket
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

My understanding is that Sump plug has something to do with casting the block, like a freeze plug, in a car? The manual states somewhere to NEVER try to remove it, it's in there with Gorilla Glue! If you do get it out, & drain the sump, you've lost your oil pressure, & end up with an air lock, dry motor, Good Luck! Not an Opinion, FACT!

I think your FOS and that's a FACT!

What do you do when building a new motor? changing a oil pump? changing cams?

Why can I "and have" buy special plugs w/magnet to replace the oem plug?

Why would this be in the service manual if you are never to remove?
If you are never to remove this plug then why would they be telling you how to remove it, install it and what specs to torque it too?

Attached Thumbnails Any experience with the Rouge Chopper oil scavenging system?-pipe-plug.jpg   Any experience with the Rouge Chopper oil scavenging system?-sump-plug.jpg  

Last edited by ricktherocket; 03-02-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any experience with the Rouge Chopper oil scavenging system?