Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beach bars on a Road King? Like 'em?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 07:18 AM
BigBadAllis
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Pic of my 2004

Here's a pic of my 04 FLHRI. Pic was small when I attached it. Hope you can see the bars.

Jason

Attached Thumbnails Beach bars on a Road King? Like 'em?-road-king.jpg  
Old 03-25-2017, 07:43 AM
RK_Classic
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,581 Likes on 2,515 Posts

I put road king custom bars on my classic, Love the position of them, not as low as full on beach bars but they put me in the right position, no back or shoulder trouble when riding that I had with the stock bars.

Oh yeah did not have to change out any cables for the install.

rk classic

Old 03-25-2017, 07:50 AM
SWThomas
Stellar HDF Member
Received 995 Likes on 591 Posts

No thanks. Apes put you at the optimum position for touring. I'm all about long distance comfort and ergonomics.

Old 03-25-2017, 07:50 PM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by hellonewman
I love them and yes they were a chore and a half to do because of the extended wiring and fishing them through the bars. Im 6'2" so that may be a factor, im sure its a factor one way or the other with how any bar will feel.

Yeah... my dilemma is that I can't do tight turns with the stock bars because my elbows hit my site. However, the height of the stock bars is perfect for my riding position. If I get beach bars I have they will solve the turning problem but the arm/shoulder position might be more uncomfortable due to my bad shoulder.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:00 PM
glide5904
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have HD beach bars on my King. They felt really weird at first and it took a little bit to get used to them. They are very comfortable on the road, i have put in many 300 mile plus days without any issue at all. And I love how they look!
The only issue I've have with them is they are a little clumsy feeling trying to handle under 10 mph.
Having said all that, I think I'm going to switch to apes for a change. Nothing wrong with my beach bars I just feel like a change.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:07 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

I love the look of Beach Bars.
The riding position..... not so much. I ran a bikini bar on my Fat Boy. Honestly, I think a person can get used to ANY bar over time. Buy what you like, and give it a try.

Old 03-25-2017, 10:10 PM
glide5904
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Here is a pic of my beach bars on my King.

Attached Thumbnails Beach bars on a Road King? Like 'em?-road-king-side-view.jpg  
Old 03-25-2017, 10:37 PM
blfrgrkcustom
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a Harley brand set my 06 RK Custom for 10 years. I loved the look and feel of them but wanted to try some apes this year. I did not have to change the clutch cable or extend the wires but the kit came with new brake lines. Pretty simple change over from the stock bars. I have the complete kit including bars, grips, brake lines, riser clamp and installation documents if you end up looking for some. They still look great.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:56 AM
Buggz
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When I bought my RK Custom it had the very popular Heritage bears on it, I really wanted the original look of the Custom so I found these beach bars on Craigslist, mounted and ran the wires inside. I love the riding position and the look. I think the original Harley Beach bars were a little more straight causing the wheel barrel hand position, which is a major complaint on beach bars.

Attached Thumbnails Beach bars on a Road King? Like 'em?-img_0920.jpg   Beach bars on a Road King? Like 'em?-pipes.jpeg   Beach bars on a Road King? Like 'em?-img_0918.jpg   Beach bars on a Road King? Like 'em?-image4.jpeg   Beach bars on a Road King? Like 'em?-img_0859.jpg  

The following users liked this post:
chrisloan_tso (01-03-2024)
Old 03-28-2017, 10:44 AM
RCCola45
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by OlAndrew
Still looking for a set of bars that'll fit me right. Anyone with beach bars on King, what's you're experience been? Like 'em? Disadvantages?
Thanks

I love these Wild 1 518's. I did have to extend all the wiring but was not to bad. I have no trouble turning corners in parking lots.

I had an 1100 VStar before this with beach bars on it and they were not high enough ... I would have to stick my leg out to make parking lot turns ... got used to it but not the best.

I find these to be relaxing and just right ... not knocking any other bar ... I think its like other person said ... its all about getting some ride time in with them getting used to them. I tried some 16 inch apes but with some shoulder injures early on in life ... I could never get comfortable with them.

Quick Reply: Beach bars on a Road King? Like 'em?