Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would you (or did you) buy another Denim bike?

Old 03-29-2017, 03:49 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 2,190 Likes on 1,384 Posts

I would absolutely get another denim bike. So easy to maintain - windex and a rag. Windex is very similar to the HD Denim Paint Cleaner, in fact before the HD cleaner came out, that was the suggested cleaner by Harley. Spray it and wipe.

Every now and then, I spray the whole bike down and wash everything with dish soap. I use dish soap because it doesn't contain wax like most car soaps. Denim paint should have wax because it will ruin the paint. Also, using dish soap doesn't hurt the paint like it would on a waxed finish because there is no wax or clear than can be stripped by the dish soap.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:05 PM
nevada72
Banned
Received 25,622 Likes on 12,010 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
I would absolutely get another denim bike. So easy to maintain - windex and a rag. Windex is very similar to the HD Denim Paint Cleaner, in fact before the HD cleaner came out, that was the suggested cleaner by Harley. Spray it and wipe.

Every now and then, I spray the whole bike down and wash everything with dish soap. I use dish soap because it doesn't contain wax like most car soaps. Denim paint should have wax because it will ruin the paint. Also, using dish soap doesn't hurt the paint like it would on a waxed finish because there is no wax or clear than can be stripped by the dish soap.
Don't know what kind of Denim Cleaner you had, but the HD stuff I use is nothing like Windex. It's a milky white color and smells like detailing spray. I have used Windex in a pinch and it worked fine. The Denim cleaner just seems to give the paint more depth. The Windex makes it look more flat. ymmv.

Old 03-30-2017, 12:04 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 60 Posts

I said hell no ...I like shiny...I like the paint to reflect like glass.....till I saw this and now all of the compliments!!! No finger prints, easy to clean, I love it

Old 03-30-2017, 12:05 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior

I see we have similar taste...I jst posted a pic of the same bike one post up ^

Originally Posted by MarkBorg
I love my 17 ultra denim/black.

Old 03-30-2017, 12:08 PM
MarkBorg
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sfcmo357
I see we have similar taste...I jst posted a pic of the same bike one post up ^

What wheels /size did you put on? do you have a picture that shows the wheel more clearly?

Old 03-30-2017, 12:25 PM
96slowbra
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sfcmo357
I said hell no ...I like shiny...I like the paint to reflect like glass.....till I saw this and now all of the compliments!!! No finger prints, easy to clean, I love it

What bars are these?

Old 03-30-2017, 12:27 PM
sfcmo357
Road Warrior

21/18 ...I wanted to stay 16 rear, but he had 18s in stock (cheaper) and I would have to wait for a 16. I'm so glad I did 21/18. The 18 brought the stance back to where I wanted it. When I had 21 front and 16 rear wheel, I felt like it was a bit high in the front and I didn't want to drop it. I don't have any better pictures and I'm at work. Here is the website and these are the only pictures I have on me at work. Let me know if you need other pics of them on the bike and when I get home, I'll snap a few for you. If you need more ---IM me your email that way it's just easier for me to email them to you from my iphone and we can talk off line if you have more questions.
http://hogpro.com/hogpro-wheels/hogp...vid-black.html

Old 03-30-2017, 04:02 PM
buggy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Done it

I have had black on my 2013 Road Glide and now charcoal denim on my 2017 1/2 Road King

Attached Thumbnails Would you (or did you) buy another Denim bike?-img_2341.jpg   Would you (or did you) buy another Denim bike?-img_0721.jpg  
Old 03-30-2017, 04:50 PM
bradn
Road Master
Received 216 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by kcblaze
I have a denim black Street Bob and loved how easy it was to clean, water and micro fiber unless really bad then it was dish soap and water. Thought about it for the bagger but dealer mentioned and I started noticing the shiny spots from bugs on peoples fairings. Dyna was fine cause it didn't have the big front end to catch the bugs but decided on vivid for the bagger. It's all about personal preference though so get what you like and enjoy!
Love the look... when new. But I have 3 helmets, all denim black. But I too have bug splats that removed enough of the finish that I would never consider a denim black bike with a fairing.

Old 03-30-2017, 06:55 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,177 Likes on 2,448 Posts

Originally Posted by bradn
Love the look... when new. But I have 3 helmets, all denim black. But I too have bug splats that removed enough of the finish that I would never consider a denim black bike with a fairing.
the helmet paint and the bike paint are going to be two completely different animals.

I had a matte black helmet too. here in la, it would get so hot in the summer that the finish would soften and get all gooey. I eventually just ended up scraping it all off and it had a 'carbon fiber' look to it.

I've never had any bug guts do any damage to my black denim road glide. and we got lots of love bugs here in the bayou state.....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Would you (or did you) buy another Denim bike?