Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Speakers Neodymium Magnets Hi-Perf

Old 06-19-2007, 08:59 AM
SpikeCT
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: J&M Speakers Neodymium Magnets Hi-Perf

lol So to achieve a certain flux strength you went to Neo to increase the cost of the magnet to reduce the size to add a cosmetic cover that increases the cost to manufacture to make theclaim that yours has aheat sink? Ok so you add this "cool" looking heat sink that within its location inside the fairing with no direct airflow path for heat dissipation that we all know is minimal; hence reference the internal temperature sensor. This is funny.... Ok if this is suppose to be a heat sink then you are machining these sinks so that they have directcontact with the magnet otherwise you have an air gap and if so then your heat sink is really useless. Also if you are boninding the sink with a resin of some sort your telling me your using a thermal conductive resin to ensure the proper heat transfer? This resin if is conductive is an additional cost to the manufacturing process and if not conductive then it is really useless. Now some more information for those that do not know..... If this sink is a metallic material metal, aluminium stainless whatever the addition of the sink could actually decrease your flux and increase your heating. This is called eddy current heating; this is caused by theflux path being pulling through the additional material creating a different circuit for the flux. Now of course this is minimal heating but heating none the less. Think about it it could also change the flux strength...... Ok im done with this..... I just thought some should be more informed.... Thats what this site is for..... I ddint want anyone thinking just cause somebody says they are using Neo (rare earth) magnets, and have a heat sink that it is always better!
Any other claims you want to make? Like others here "WE ARE TIRED OF THE INFOMERCIALS"
Oh just so you know I do run the Hogtunes and very pleased with them and the fact if I do have a problem I just call Pez and he makes things right. I'll take the best customer service over somebody that needs to keep posting infomercials and making claims they have chrome rims instead of stock just for looks that NOBODY will ever see!

Im done... heading to work to work on a "WORLDS" first3000 hp inside out permanent magnet motor for the oil industry....

Old 06-19-2007, 09:38 AM
axe11
Cruiser

I know some folks who have these installed and rave about them-- http://hawg-wired.com/product_info.p...products_id=45 . They're the component speakers from Hawg-Wired; and they have 12oz magnets. And, when it comes to amplifiers, Hawg-wired holds all the high-end ground when it comes to fairing mounts, and their new one puts 5 channels at your disposal under the fairing. If/when I get another Ultra, I would like to install these component speakers in the front lowers and make a switch arrangement to disconnect the rear speakers if I wanted to for taking off the TP, etc. Besides, with four speakers coming from the front end, you wouldn't be leaving some of the sound "behind" as when you're cruising about 85mph down the road and then you slow down for a light or something and then all that sound volume comes sweeping over you and you scramble to turn the volume down. I always thought that was a funny arrangement with the speakers in the rear like that. I guess, for the passenger, though, the speakers in the rear work fairly well; I don't know as I've never rode as a passenger on one. Still having all speakers blasting backwards from only front mounts seem to make better sense. Ride safe,

Best regards,

axe11

Old 06-19-2007, 11:25 AM
SSJ
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: SpikeCT
Like others here "WE ARE TIRED OF THE INFOMERCIALS"
Like I said dude very, very simple don't read the thread if you you are tired of it! after reading all of your worthless verbage is very easy to see where your coming from and your point of attack, you like your Hogtunes great! freedom of choice, some of us are still comparing and appreciate the information that John is providing!

Old 06-19-2007, 02:11 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master

"Any other claims you want to make? Like others here "WE ARE TIRED OF THE INFOMERCIALS"

Who is this "we" of which you speak?

The "infomercials" motivated me to buy a pair of John's speakers and I'm very happy with them.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:59 PM
kruzin
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Like I said move it to the vendors forum. John comes on posting and provoking reactions to his products. Now, I never mentioned Hog Tunes......do you see him on here stirring the pot to push his product? No, he just responds to answer a question. This kind of crap keeps showing up and soon this forum is nothing but a classified ads page. If he wants to answer a question great but don't start a thread to push a product.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:03 PM
SSJ
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey man chill the only one provoking is you if you don't like the TOPIC don't open it! period very simple! Some of us like and read the information, the hogtunes reference was meant for spikect, read more post less[:@] Last time I checked your not a moderator or admistrator on this site so your opion on what and where posts are submitted is NOT your call, this is a touring section which these speakers fit IMO. Some of you people are simply unbeliveable with your petty arguments!

Old 06-19-2007, 03:11 PM
kruzin
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Too bad you can't read my reply without busting your own opinion. You don't like it don't read it...take your own advice.

Old 06-19-2007, 03:40 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master

Cute, real cute. [:'(]

Old 06-19-2007, 04:34 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my opinion, infomercials belong in the vendor forum. It matters not that the product fits a touring bike.

Although Spike does raise some interesting questions concerning design and manufacture, the place for them is in the vendor forum

Old 06-19-2007, 07:56 PM
alazlo
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JMJohn don't leave on account of a couple of malcontents who really don't have any say in what is posted where. The people that count will move the thread if they don't think it is in the right place.

I ride a bagger, currently running hog tunes but have run your speakers in past bikes. I was under the impression that size did matter when it came to magnets so I appreciate the info that you continue to provide on the bagger stereo's, and Idon't read thevendor threads.

Keep up the good work, most of us appreciate it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: J&M Speakers Neodymium Magnets Hi-Perf