Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Speakers Neodymium Magnets Hi-Perf

Old 06-18-2007, 09:27 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default J&M Speakers Neodymium Magnets Hi-Perf

Many folks have questions about the magnets used on the back of the J&M high performance speaker upgrades ,,,,

I spent alot of time and considerably more $$$ using the Neodymium magnet on the J&M speakers instead of the traditional heavy ferrite ,,,,, but felt it was worth it ,,,,,

the result is a speaker magnet with a higher flux strength than the larger ferrite, but smaller and lighter so as to put less stress on the mounting screws etc inside your fairing ,,,,,

I did this knowing full well that I would lose sales in many cases because customers EXPECT to have a large heavy magnet on the speakers they purchase and in fact often equate quality and performance by the size and weight of the speaker magnet itself,,,,,,

the following is a quote from the Wikipedia on-line encyclopedia ,,,,,,

"Neodymium is used in the strongest permanent magnets known - Nd2Fe14B. These magnets are lighter and stronger than samarium-cobalt magnets. Neodymium magnets appear in high-quality products such as microphones, professional loudspeakers, in-ear headphones, Dokodemo Magnets, guitar and bass guitar pick-ups and computer hard disks where low mass, small volume, or strong magnetic fields are required. "

,,,, JMJOHN ,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,

Old 06-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Bryan1724
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: J&M Speakers Neodymium Magnets Hi-Perf

Thanks for the info John, When I looked at the speakers yesterday I says to myself. Self, that's some high performance looking magnets on them there speakers, they gots cooling fins and all, but they sure is lite. [sm=confused06.gif]

Old 06-18-2007, 09:59 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

Bryan ,,,,,,

yes, the cooling fins are part function and part looks ,,,,,,, as I knew no one would believe me if I tried to sellthe fairing speakers with a magnet that looks like the ones for the rear position ,,,, ((see the comparision below)) JMJOHN ,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,

Old 06-18-2007, 11:23 PM
SpikeCT
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

k, I agree Neo are a better magent BUT!!!!! whats the grade? Cause I know for a fact since I have been working with magents for permenant magnet motors for 16 years grade matters. I have tested a lot of different grades and the worse are the chinese grade. They are not any better then the cobalt.... so what grade?

oh also the density of the neo is real close to steel

Old 06-19-2007, 12:11 AM
kruzin
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Just wondering how many times I need to see the same install pictures over and over again,,,, and having sales here,,,,take it to the vendors forum,,,,

Old 06-19-2007, 12:19 AM
GasCan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John,

I have bought your speakers,and I have read many oftheinfomercials on your product. What you just typed here has already been whipped to death in your others posts. Can you lighten up on the reposted materials. If you need to see your products at the top of the threads all the time, just bump the threads that are already going. Cheers!

Old 06-19-2007, 01:03 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

Glideman ,,,,,

I apologize ,,,,,,, thein-depthinformation about neodymuim vs ferrrite has never been discussed here in my posts fromrecent memory ,,,, but I could be wrong ,,,,,

motorcycle audio has pretty much been my only business for 29 years ,,, and I still enjoy touring and the audio system experiencewhile riding,,,, so it is my passion for it that drives what I do ,,,,,

I am proud of what J&M Corporation has become and what we have accomplished so far,,,,

in any event ,,, OK ,,, I am outta here for a few weeks, got lots of work to do anyway ,,,,,

e-mail direct with any questions ,,, JMJOHN ,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,,,

Old 06-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Lowly_G
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about Spikes question?

Old 06-19-2007, 01:56 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor

Lowly-G ,,,,,,

well ,,, that is a very good question ,,,,,,

kind of like asking the grade of oxygen for breathing in AZ compared to NY ,,,,, LOL ,,,,,,,

I really don't know ,,,, I needed a particular flux strength for the magnet to exceed what we had been using for the ferrite magnets and if the chinese grade of Neodymium is less quality than what they sell in Ohio ? ,, I don't know ,,,, as long as the total flux strength is up to what we need ,,,, the rest is probably clutter ,,,,,,

what do you think ?

Old 06-19-2007, 02:31 AM
SSJ
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

just wondering how many times I need to see the same install pictures over and over again,,,, and having sales here,,,,take it to the vendors forum,,,,
Real simple just don't click open the thread[:@]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: J&M Speakers Neodymium Magnets Hi-Perf