Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

don't do it--pep boys motorcycle jack $35.00

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:52 PM
GMONEY220
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: don't do it--pep boys motorcycle jack $35.00

same here,no problems...yet..wheres some wood!!!

Old 06-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Nilsa210
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no problem with mine also. what's the worst that can happen, it leaks and bike slowly gets lowered onto jiffy stand? mine has worked flawlessly for 3 years now.
dissamble jack to get bike off? that makes no sense to me...and where do you draw the line, I'm sure the red and yellow Sears jack is made in the good old U.S. of CHINA!

Old 06-20-2007, 06:25 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The wife got me the yellow sears on sale for my b-day last weekend. I like it a lot. Don't go bad mouthing pepboys to much. It holds a dear spot in my heart. The wife and I met there 12 years ago when we both were emploee'd there.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:07 AM
King FLH
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm convinced that the ones PB sold two years ago is better than the ones they sell now. All I read on here is how much of a piece of crap it is blah blah blah. Well I've seen the sears and the Kobalt ones, and the PB jack I bought two years ago is just as good, and I've never had any problems at all. Could be the PB jacks for sale there now ain't as good.
Wouldn't that be funny if all the jacks we're talking about here were cranked out of the same chinese factory wih different stickers? Bet it ain't too far from the truth.

Old 06-20-2007, 09:14 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I am 99% positive the jacks are made in the same Chinese factory---I think the difference is that Sears has better quality control

ORIGINAL: King FLH

I'm convinced that the ones PB sold two years ago is better than the ones they sell now. All I read on here is how much of a piece of crap it is blah blah blah. Well I've seen the sears and the Kobalt ones, and the PB jack I bought two years ago is just as good, and I've never had any problems at all. Could be the PB jacks for sale there now ain't as good.
Wouldn't that be funny if all the jacks we're talking about here were cranked out of the same chinese factory wih different stickers? Bet it ain't too far from the truth.

Old 05-19-2010, 05:20 AM
Storm_law
Advanced

As we speak my motorcycle is stuck on a Pep Boys Jack. At first it was stuck most of the way up. After foot pumping it back up and releasing the air I got it most of the way down, but it is stuck now. I even untwisted the air release **** all the way and pumped out the hydraulic fluid.

I don't know about disassembling the jack with the motorcycle on it, but I will have to figure something out today.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:22 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 792 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by Storm_law
As we speak my motorcycle is stuck on a Pep Boys Jack. At first it was stuck most of the way up. After foot pumping it back up and releasing the air I got it most of the way down, but it is stuck now. I even untwisted the air release **** all the way and pumped out the hydraulic fluid.

I don't know about disassembling the jack with the motorcycle on it, but I will have to figure something out today.
Air?, the jack i am familiar with is hydraulic and uses oil.
I could see the jack getting stuck if it was used to support bike in the air for winter storage.
If that is the situation then maybe the jack was used at its maximum and the jack lost some oil causing the bike jack to rest on the locks.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:04 AM
WyattB
Intermediate

Got the Red one from Sears. Seems to work fine, but I do have to stand the bike up to get it on the jack. Will check out the Yellow one if it is lower.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:30 AM
DWhite
Tourer

not sure why people have such a problem with the Sears red jack and having to stand their bike up. I hear a lot of folks who bitch about that? Is it really that tough? Put the jack on the right side of the bike, put it under the bottom tubes on the right, grab the right handlebar and pull the bike up level and slide the jack the rest of the way under. Reverse the procedure when done...heheh, not too hard folks

Old 05-19-2010, 11:21 AM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DWhite
not sure why people have such a problem with the Sears red jack and having to stand their bike up. I hear a lot of folks who bitch about that? Is it really that tough? Put the jack on the right side of the bike, put it under the bottom tubes on the right, grab the right handlebar and pull the bike up level and slide the jack the rest of the way under. Reverse the procedure when done...heheh, not too hard folks
Ehh people gota cry when there bike jack isn't 400.00+ and they have to wiggle it under the bike, some guys aren't happy unless they have something to bitch about.....or the guys that did spend the 400.00 on a jack, are going look at me my jack slides right under my bike, this gives them justification of spending 400.00 on a damn bike jack.

Quick Reply: don't do it--pep boys motorcycle jack $35.00