Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Slip-Ons???

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Glide man
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V&H Slip-Ons???

Picked up my 07 road glide a few weeks ago...Great bike....pipes seem a bit to quiet for me. If I install
the v&s slip-ons will I still need to have it remapped, and a larger air box. Not looking for more performance
just a bit more roar..... thanks

Old 07-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Mike1397
Advanced
Default RE: V&H Slip-Ons???

If all your looking for is a bit more rumble, the slip-ons will work just fine...no need for a re-map or stage 1 kit.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:56 PM
chesterbud
Cruiser

Typically if all you add is exhaust (slip ons)you do not need to remap but I have heard recommendations saying you should as well. When I put on the V&H Ovals I added the ac and sert to help reduce the engine temp a bit. It helped the heat, added a bunch of power and improved my fuel mileage to boot. I used a canned map on the sert and could probably get a bit more power if I dyno tuned it but it's running great so I'm leaving it alone.

If you canswing the complete setup I really think that's the best way to go.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:56 AM
TA
Novice

Excuse the ignorance of a rookie - what is a SERT?

Old 07-12-2007, 02:26 AM
RangeRat
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: chesterbud

Typically if all you add is exhaust (slip ons)you do not need to remap but I have heard recommendations saying you should as well. When I put on the V&H Ovals I added the ac and sert to help reduce the engine temp a bit. It helped the heat, added a bunch of power and improved my fuel mileage to boot. I used a canned map on the sert and could probably get a bit more power if I dyno tuned it but it's running great so I'm leaving it alone.

If you canswing the complete setup I really think that's the best way to go.
I did exactly the same thing andagree - great combo with the 07 and fully "upgradable" later.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:06 AM
robandlyn
Road Master

ORIGINAL: TA

Excuse the ignorance of a rookie - what is a SERT?
Screaming
Eagle
Race
Tuner

Old 07-12-2007, 09:05 AM
chesterbud
Cruiser

The SERT is an interface used between your PC and the ECM on the bike. It allows you to modify the fuel map (usually to increase fuel mixture richness) to compensate for the ac and exhaust which due to increased airflow will lean the fuel mixture too much. SERT is a HD product and there are many others on the market like PCIII, Thundermax, Fuelpac etc.

I went with SERT (most expensive option) since it was HD and installed by my dealer. IMHO there is less of a chance that a warranty issue will arise if needed.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:42 AM
TA
Novice

Thanks, Chesterbud. Whichever route I go; just slipons or full exhaust system, I know if I try to do it myself I'll end up with parts left over (inexplicably) and the system not operating properly. So I'll prbably have HD put it all together. Which is a good argument then for using their SERT rather than another manufacturer.

Old 07-12-2007, 10:19 AM
moofish75
Cruiser

The slipons are super easy. You can't possibly have extra parts. The V&H ovals come with the mufflers, 2 clams, 2 bolts, 4 washers, 2 nuts.

Take the bags off. There will be 2 bolts holding the pipe to the bag bracket on each side. There will be 1 clamp on each pipe right at the end of the heat shield. Undo that. Then you will need to wiggle the muffler off the header pipe. Depending on how long you've had the stock, you may need to use some release oil on that portion. Wiggle the new slipon back on the header. Bolt the 3 bolts, wipe the pipe down with windex, you're done!

The instructions give you a step by step. Don't waste your money on having them install the slip ons. 30-60 minutes tops to switch them out.

I used ebay, americanclassicmotors. They have the best prices most of the time.
Paid $725.85 Free shipping
Ebay:
V&H Ovals $425.95
Ness Big Sucker $99.95
V&H FuelPak $199.95

Old 07-12-2007, 10:28 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is a good idea to remap with a free flowing slipon like vh ovals, epa already has the 07 to lean, most other than SE street perfomace slipons from harley will lean her even more causing more than the already too much heat you will have. This could cause engine problems in super hot weather. The SE slipons sound good and can be used without worry.

Quick Reply: V&H Slip-Ons???