Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Washington & Oregon Sightseeing Tips

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 09:20 AM
AISTQM
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Washington & Oregon Sightseeing Tips

Leaving for Thunder in the Valley in Johnstown PA on&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;June 26th.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Departing Johnstown on the 29th for The Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Oregon And Washington. Back home to Erie by the end of July.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;Did the Dakotas and Montana last year but what&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;are some must sees in Washington &amp\\;\\\\\\; Oregon.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Hope the weather in the Midwest shapes up.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:22 AM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Washington & Oregon Sightseeimg Tips

Leavenworth WA (North of Yakima) is worth visiting.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; it is a old lumber town converted to a german alpine village, including the availability of german beer and snitzel.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; beautiful country and well worth the visit.
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

Old 06-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Mark98012
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try to hit Highway 20 (North Cascades Highway), prettiest road in the state. It goes right through Winthrop (among others), great little western tourist town. Hope the weather gets better by the time you get here, right now it feels like fall.
&nbsp\\;
MarkR

Old 06-19-2008, 10:17 AM
spacelord
Tourer

Went to Oregon last spring. In a car unfortunately. Can honestly say there is not much of the state that is not a must see! Every part of it is gorgeous! Mountains, rivers, coast line &amp\\; beaches, waterfalls (more than any other state I believe) Crater Lake.....

You can't go wrong in Oregon!

Old 06-19-2008, 10:19 AM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

Top 2 are a must see.Mount Rainer,Pike place market in Seattle,underground Seattle tour lots of other stuff.What are your interests?

Old 06-19-2008, 10:30 AM
AISTQM
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

My main interest, and the reason I do a big trip every summer, is getting on the bike in the morning and going all day, day after day.&nbsp\\; I love the west and the mountains and would like to see the giant redwoods on this trip.&nbsp\\; Maybe Mt. St. Helens.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:32 AM
steelhead
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will second the north Cascades highway. If you do it right you can make a two day loop over some very pretty mountain roads and cross both the north cascades highway and highway 2 over Stevens Pass. Of course if summer ever comes to Western Washington, weather will not be a factor but so far the Western side has been cool and wetter than normal. The eastern side of the sate will give you higher temps and its own kind of scenic beauty.
&nbsp\\;
My wife and I took off two Saturdays ago and went over to Leavenworth via Stevens. We had rain all the way to the&nbsp\\;summit where it was snowing but 5 miles down the east side, the sun came out and we were in shirt sleeves all afternoon. We came back the next day over Blewett Pass which dropped us down onto 90 (the main east-west highway for the state) and then back over Snoqualmie Pass and into Seattle area.
&nbsp\\;
All in all, lots of options over here. Another would be to go up highway 9 all the way into British Columbia. This&nbsp\\;is a humdrum ride for the first 30 miles or so (until the town of Arlington) but then becomes a nice twisty country road much of the way into BC.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-19-2008, 10:49 AM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

crator lake in oregan is a great attraction there

Old 06-19-2008, 11:47 AM
spacelord
Tourer

There is a beautiful redwood grove in CA just south of the OR border. Would love t ride through. Also the forests southwest of Crater lake would be a great ride.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Pezz
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with all of the above. I would also suggest the coast. Lot's to see.

Quick Reply: Washington & Oregon Sightseeing Tips