Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

daytona twin-tec install

Old 08-13-2007, 05:15 PM
tarheelrdr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default daytona twin-tec install

Hi all, I have two questions about the dtt install, 1st one - is drilling out the brass washers on the tps enough room for adjustment or will I need to ream the holes more. Next, when hooking up the interface , it has a switch for 88 & 88a, I have an 04 ultra and am not sure witch one to use. I know this thread should go in the efi section, but alot of you have baggers and will probably be able to answer this as more read this section, I know I do. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:24 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: daytona twin-tec install

ream em and save yourself havin to do it later....88a

Old 08-13-2007, 05:49 PM
tarheelrdr
Tourer

Thanks man. I'll be back for more info after I get my heads done by HQ. Already got the 575 cams from doug installed, so scooter is down until then. I would appreciate any advice on tuning the dtt, I have the 113 ci hd cylinders and hd pistons-flat top. Thanks again for any suggestions on dtt tuning when I get this booger back together. It's sitting in my garage and looking pretty sad with all the parts congregating around it waiting for heads.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:28 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool.... Keep us posted!

Have you already had the cases bored?

btw - ditto bryan's answers to your questions....

Old 08-14-2007, 10:12 AM
tarheelrdr
Tourer

Hi Phil, yeh, bryan's answers were the ones that i needed to get started. I feel like I know you both as I have been reading your posts on the dtt install a while back. My eyes have finally healed from some of those pic's! I had the cases bored and se 4.060cylinders, flattop pistons installed back in february. At that time I could only get the big job done. I had to wait to later for cams and heads.I originally was going with hd se heads and bigger cam (I already had se203's in when I was only going 95"). But then started reading more & more about afthermarket part suppliers and I,m glad I did . Waiting for doug @ headquarterd to return my call now for head selection as I write. I,m trying to as much of the work as I can , Not so much for money savings but for the knowledge of knowing my bike better. Of course the money savings will be welcome also (assuming I don' screw things up!) I ,m sure I will be calling on you guys later for more dtt info.. thanks inadvance for your help. Tim

Old 08-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just punched the brass shims out with a small screwdriver and a block of wood and that gave me more than enough room to set the tps.Of course,I cracked mine but it still worked.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:30 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Harley Rulz

Of course,I (smoked) cracked (while I installed)mine but it still worked.
[8D]

Old 08-14-2007, 01:08 PM
77Tulsa
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tough crowd today! So I will ask this question with thick skin.Does the 113" use the stroker crank which is about 1000 bucks? And if I didn't stroke it would that make it 105" motor?
ORIGINAL: PhilM

[8D]

Old 08-14-2007, 05:38 PM
tarheelrdr
Tourer

Yes it does, but I don't think I paid that much for mine. I believe hd makes two cranks- one standard and one heavy duty. I chose the standard, like the one's in the 07's. I don't plan on doing heavy duty launches since it is a bagger, just want to be able to have a llittle fun when I crank it on, plus I normally ride 2 up and in the bee-uuu tii full blue ridge parkway. Some of the little moutains have some pretty good hills and the guys I normally ride with think they are riding crouch rockets! These guys are riding ultra's and are in late 50's and 60's. They can do things w/ an ultra that scare the s--t out of me and my wife. I like to see some of the country side, so I'll catch 'em on the straights.!!

Old 08-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Harley Rulz
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: 77Tulsa

Tough crowd today! So I will ask this question with thick skin.Does the 113" use the stroker crank which is about 1000 bucks? And if I didn't stroke it would that make it 105" motor?
ORIGINAL: PhilM

[8D]
If You bore it it will be a 95" and if you stroke it,it will be a 103"

I used the Screaming Eagle crank and pistons to stroke mine.I don't remember exactly what it cost for parts (around $1300.00 I think).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: daytona twin-tec install