Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Deal on 06 Street Glide?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 11:44 AM
toddreber
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Deal on 06 Street Glide?

Just ordered an 06 Street Glide.............no extras............by the time I pay freight, setup, fees and $1000 over MSRP I am pushing up against $20,000............They all act like I am the luckiest guy on earth to even be able to get one............please tell me about your deals "street glide owners"

Old 11-10-2005, 12:11 PM
jfanton
Road Captain
Default RE: Best Deal on 06 Street Glide?

If people would stop paying over MSRP this b.s. would end. I just bought a Road Glide for MSRP, but while calling around to different dealers in the state (Arizona) I was shocked to learn that some dealers are still getting up to 2k over MSRP for the "big bikes".
I had no choice back in '97 but to pay over list (Illinois) if I wanted a Fat Boy. But today, I refuse to pay over list. I would have gone out of state if I had to. Also, the way it was pitched to me is that the MOCO is pushing Street Glides on the dealers, hence, a lack of Road Glides in the pipeline. Given this info, obtaining a Street Glide should not be all that difficult. And yes, most dealers still make you feel like THEY'RE doing you a favor by selling you a bike.
When will it end?

Old 11-10-2005, 01:09 PM
harleybob
Cruiser

j fanton I am with you. I live in Illinois Chicago area. I want an o6 bagger. One dealer here has 7 baggers on the floor. He wants msrp. And will through in the freight and prep. Well I want a little more. So I am going to hold out a while longer. By the way all 7 bikes are still on the floor 3 weeks later.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:24 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

NEVER pay over MSRP. I got mine for MSRP with a discount of prep and 20% off accessories

I did have a few want more then MSRP and I told them to get screwed and laughed in their face when I told them I could get for MSRP...LOL

Old 11-10-2005, 01:40 PM
jdag
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I paid MSRP. Got the bike I wanted, with EFI and security, and in the color I wanted. I was very pleased.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:41 PM
jfanton
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: harleybob

j fanton I am with you. I live in Illinois Chicago area. I want an o6 bagger. One dealer here has 7 baggers on the floor. He wants msrp. And will through in the freight and prep. Well I want a little more. So I am going to hold out a while longer. By the way all 7 bikes are still on the floor 3 weeks later.
Well, I'm a little confused here. In your first post you said you ordered a Street Glide. But here you say your going to hold out a little longer. I assume the dealer with seven baggers on the floor has no Street Glide.

Perhaps you should pm Cheyenne, as he is from Joliet and has a Street Glide which he purchased at MSRP.

I couldn't get my dealer to discount anything on my '06. In fact, they won't even give me 10% off on parts/accessories and it really pisses me off. Guess I'll be buying most of my parts through Zanotti's.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:45 PM
Sreynold1
Tourer

Purchase '06 EG Classic forst of September. MSRP, 6 hours of free labor.....Oh yea I forgot, also included a $20,000 tee shirt, should have held out for two.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:53 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

Toddreber,

Did you get a color other then vivid Black? That's consider a option and is a added cost. I got my bike for 20, 509 OTD included EFI, Security system. I'm in California we have to pay for everything. I had them remove frieght fee. If you ask them and take a stand they will. I did see why I should pay a fee for shipping when they will need to get the bike there any way. Also got an additional 1K off since the bike had a dent in the gas tank and they had to order a new one for me.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Old 11-10-2005, 01:54 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

Toddreber,

Did you get a color other then vivid Black? That's consider a option and is a added cost. I got my bike for 20, 509 OTD included EFI, Security system. I'm in California we have to pay for everything. I had them remove frieght fee. If you ask them and take a stand they will. I didn't see why I should pay a fee for shipping when they will need to get the bike there any way. Also got an additional 1K off since the bike had a dent in the gas tank and they had to order a new one for me.
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Old 11-10-2005, 02:01 PM
harleybob
Cruiser

j fanton, Different post. I am not looking for a streetglide. I am trying to get a bagger with more than freight and prep thrown in . I hope this clears up the confusion.

Quick Reply: Best Deal on 06 Street Glide?