Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered MAP from Ltus

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ordered MAP from Ltus

Well I ordered a map from Latus, they did not have an exact match so I ordered a MAP for true duals with SE ac and Rinehart . Going to put it in my FLHX with rush 2.0 with SE ac and K&N filter and see what happens.
Anyone have a thought as to how it will work

Will update after I get it and have a chance to take it for a good test spin.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:58 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What do you mean ordered, they make you pay for it?

Steve

Old 08-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by maineultraclassic
What do you mean ordered, they make you pay for it?

Steve
Yes, Latus charges $50 per map.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:32 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mathews2
Well I ordered a map from Latus, they did not have an exact match so I ordered a MAP for true duals with SE ac and Rinehart . Going to put it in my FLHX with rush 2.0 with SE ac and K&N filter and see what happens.
Anyone have a thought as to how it will work

Will update after I get it and have a chance to take it for a good test spin.
The only way to know is to upload it and try it. Even if the hardware is the same as the bike it was dyno-ed on, they will tell you it should be close. One of the advantages is if you do have a dyno done it will go quicker with a map that's close.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:41 PM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That is just crazy to pay for a map that is not even done for your bike. All motors are different, no one map is going to work for all bikes with the same combo in it. Chamber differences, deck height differences..........they all add up to the fact that a map is only going to be close for your build, and definitely not worth paying $50 for it.

Steve

Old 08-21-2008, 04:41 AM
Mathews2
Road Warrior

I agree that a Dyno is the best option, however dyno options here are very limited, and someone that can tune a SERT with any quality is even more scarce, So until I can decide on another option. for 50 bucks it is worth a shot.

Old 08-21-2008, 07:26 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Obviously, a canned map, even one from Latus, isn't the optimal solution, but with slip-ons, and an hi-flo a/c as the only mods, "optimial" isn't necessary if a qualified dyno tuner isn't handy. I'd expect the fuel to be slightly richer on your application. Also, I'd expect Latus to be somewhat conservative on the fuel and ignition timing to prevent engine damage from leaning the fuel/advancing the timing.

Did you try any of the canned maps on the SERT software previously? What you have is similar to a Stage I?

Old 08-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by maineultraclassic
That is just crazy to pay for a map that is not even done for your bike. All motors are different, no one map is going to work for all bikes with the same combo in it. Chamber differences, deck height differences..........they all add up to the fact that a map is only going to be close for your build, and definitely not worth paying $50 for it.

Steve
A Latus map is a good option if a competent tuner is not available. There are tuners out there charging a lot more than $50 and providing worse results. As I stated earlier, it can be a very good base map and possibly save that money when a dyno turn is performed, by a compentent tuner.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:45 AM
Mathews2
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
Obviously, a canned map, even one from Latus, isn't the optimal solution, but with slip-ons, and an hi-flo a/c as the only mods, "optimial" isn't necessary if a qualified dyno tuner isn't handy. I'd expect the fuel to be slightly richer on your application. Also, I'd expect Latus to be somewhat conservative on the fuel and ignition timing to prevent engine damage from leaning the fuel/advancing the timing.

Did you try any of the canned maps on the SERT software previously? What you have is similar to a Stage I?
Yes, I have ran the canned maps with the CLB maxed out. I received the custom map from Latus and am about to go and test it out. will give an update this afternoon. The main difference I see in the canned map and the map from Latus is spark advance tables are noticeably different in the 2 programs . will update after the test ride.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Mathews2
Road Warrior

Well I installed the map and I have to say it is well worth the 50 bucks I paid for it. response is better, low and mid range torque is way better. So , while it may not be optimum, it is way ahead of the canned mapped I was running. Also you cannot ask for nicer folks, I would do business with Latus any time

Quick Reply: Ordered MAP from Ltus