Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dragonfly 6x9 Fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 08:49 PM
ci330guy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragonfly 6x9 Fairing?

Anyone using the new Dragonfly fairing with the 6x9 speakers? I've read (a few times over)all there is to read about aftermarket fairings on the forum. I really like the 6x9 speaker idea but have heard mixed reviews on Dragonfly quality. However these reviews were based on the older 6 1/2 inch version.

If anyone looked hard at or is using the Dragonfly 6x9I'd really appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Rich

PS - For those who say get a UC or SG you're right but I'd be way upside down finacially at this point.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:03 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Dragonfly 6x9 Fairing?

Friend had one installed on his '01 RKC while we attended the Hollister Rally this year... The color match was right on & the sound from his 6X9" speakers was awesome... I could here his music while we were OTR @ 80 mph....

Old 08-27-2007, 03:38 AM
olgreydog7
Road Captain

What would happen if, you got a stock fairing, empty, off ebay or something, and filled ALL the holes with speakers? Speakers in the stock location, plus all those 2 & 3 inch holes where the gages used to be. That would rock!

Old 08-27-2007, 07:33 AM
ci330guy
Cruiser

Oldgreydog - I had the same thought you did....a stock fairing with all the gauge holes filled with speakers. I could build a kick azz audio system if so. I asked the question about mounting a stockfairing to my bikehere on the forum. Only got a couple of repliesbut was told it would be difficult and costly.

Has anyone tried to mount an EOM fairing onto a Road King? Not wanting all of the guages that are found on the UC or SG or worried about the ignition switch. Just leave everyting where it is on the RK using the fairing for just a stereo and speakers.

Old 08-27-2007, 11:15 AM
olgreydog7
Road Captain

do a search for fastharley. He did a batwing on a road king. He got a real old one, like an 80, and put it on. No radio on that year, but it got me thinking about it. Then, biketronics has a kit to put a modern stereo on an older fairing with a radio. One of these days I'll get around to pricing it all out, as well as finding out what all it would take.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 526 Posts

ORIGINAL: ci330guy

Oldgreydog - I had the same thought you did....a stock fairing with all the gauge holes filled with speakers. I could build a kick azz audio system if so. I asked the question about mounting a stockfairing to my bikehere on the forum. Only got a couple of repliesbut was told it would be difficult and costly.

Has anyone tried to mount an EOM fairing onto a Road King? Not wanting all of the guages that are found on the UC or SG or worried about the ignition switch. Just leave everyting where it is on the RK using the fairing for just a stereo and speakers.

I dont think it would be that hard to do, I've been thinkin the same thing.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:58 PM
Rico450r
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: ci330guy

Anyone using the new Dragonfly fairing with the 6x9 speakers? I've read (a few times over)all there is to read about aftermarket fairings on the forum. I really like the 6x9 speaker idea but have heard mixed reviews on Dragonfly quality. However these reviews were based on the older 6 1/2 inch version.

If anyone looked hard at or is using the Dragonfly 6x9I'd really appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Rich

PS - For those who say get a UC or SG you're right but I'd be way upside down finacially at this point.
I was just at Hollister and talked to Kevin from DragonFly for about 30 minutes. He is one great guy, very happy to answer any question I had. I really liked the fairing, great quality IMO. Kevin blasted the stereo, I was very impressed with it. I decided if I got one it would be from DragonFly, just wish they weren't so expensive. I did check out doing the SG fairing, but it would cost way to much money even getting from ebay(like $5,000 after said and done). There's just a lot of stuff to buy that you don't realize until you have to get it. Also I don't think I would like it without all the guages if you were to fill them up will speakers it would still cost a lot. I think Dragon is a better way to go with the RK,and like you said, way to much to turn around and try to buy the SG and get rid of the RK. I for one love the RK, I just want the fairing for long rides and the stereo not to mention with the stereo you have a custom that no one else has.

I just ordered my 21, 18 rims, so the fairing would just set it off that much more.

Rico

Old 08-28-2007, 12:02 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Ran into a guy at the dealer a couple of Weeks ago that had one installed at the River Run. He said he had no problem hearing it at high speed. Looked really good, and he said it was a breeze to remove. He showed me how the electrical plug was right in front of the tank. Snap it off, and the whole thing removes like a windshield. That was the only thing that really bothers me about it. If it is that easy to remove, it could walk off anywhere. Dead center fairings are lockable, which I think is a better idea. I have large apes on my rk custom. They are pushed forward to the point that the shield does not even fit, so I know a fairing would not. Still though, the fairing matched perfectly to his bike.