Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pull Back Risers on a Road King?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 08:38 AM
rmouse
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pull Back Risers on a Road King?

The handle bars on my 08 RK are to low and too far forward for comfortable long distance riding, and no one seems to offer a taller bar. I know harley offers a street slammer nacelle and was wondering if anyone had installed a pull back riser on a touring bike?

Old 09-04-2007, 09:50 AM
89FLHT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 78 Posts
Default RE: Pull Back Risers on a Road King?

Flanders, HD and Wild One's (to name a few) all offer different Bars for your roadking.

V-Twin mfg. offers a chrome plate that has 2 riser holes formed into it that allow you to keep the whole front end chromed out and then run whatever risers you like. I have seen RK's with pullback risres and Drag bars.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Blues Guy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had pullback risers on my 98 & 05 RK - couldn't ride any distance without them. Think you'll find several options for risers/bars.
Good luck.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:38 AM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 446 Likes on 309 Posts

I just got the Street Slammer bars for my 06 RK Classic. I got the narcell cover also. I'm waiting on the new front fender to be painted before I put them on so I only have to have the bike on the lift once. I did put them up on the bike and kind of trial fit them and they seem like they should work out pretty good.

You may want to check on changing the bars on an 08 as I understand they have a drive by wire throttle that may limit your bar options. Good luck with your search.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:46 AM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 12.5 WildChubby's and like the feel. Have been thinking about going a little higher, but that may be a winter project.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:40 PM
HarleyArcher
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I think HD sells a set called RoadKing riser bars. Almost like mini apes. My dad's bike had them on it when he bought it and they are GREAT. I have contemplated trying to put a set on my EGS. Just enough rise and pull back. Maybe someone else will have the part # or an exact name for them. Sorry I don't. Bryan

Old 09-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Manish_Hawg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you want a taller bar there are endless possibilities. But what you should do, is hang out at your local bike hang out and ask questions and see if they will let you sit on their bike. You really want to get this one right the first time. If you get to running braided lines and running the wires inside that could get costly especially if you don't like the bars and have to do it again.

Old 09-06-2007, 03:30 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Manish_Hawg

If you want a taller bar there are endless possibilities. But what you should do, is hang out at your local bike hang out and ask questions and see if they will let you sit on their bike. You really want to get this one right the first time. If you get to running braided lines and running the wires inside that could get costly especially if you don't like the bars and have to do it again.
I agree. Or, you could do like me. I asked for opinions on what size bar to go with. All I heard was 16"... So I went with 18". LOL I didn't want to have to do them twice. LOL BTW, I love them.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:57 PM
bigbrokah
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chubby 502's

Old 09-08-2007, 07:56 PM
gpp
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

you arnt going to put anything on it until someone comes out with some for the 08 touring models.the throttle end of the bar has notches in it for the drive by wire so the old bars dont work.you could how ever raise the stock bars with taller risers until some one gets some out and they will have some in the near future.

Quick Reply: Pull Back Risers on a Road King?