Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modified stock mufflers on EBAY

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 06:27 AM
dietdewboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modified stock mufflers on EBAY

I was playing around on Ebay the other day when I stumbled across of few guy with modified stock mufflers for sale. I guess the have new baffles installed and keep the factory appearance. Anyone try these?

Old 09-08-2007, 06:50 AM
nedster
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: Modified stock mufflers on EBAY

someone on the forum bought them. was not thrilled. you should try to do a search.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:57 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yea, Ive seen mixed reactions on these pipes,,,good and bad
were they the ones by Bob Vic--?? (I think)

Old 09-08-2007, 07:25 AM
phat96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have some, they are from some guys out of N.Carolina I think, I haven't liked them with the Ful sac duel exhaust system so i am going to go with the stock exhaust system and see whatdifferance the sound is. I think I paid a 100. bucks.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:37 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Phat,,,, wholly crapp, that is a badass lookin bike you got there,, nice job,
I agree , dont clutter that masterpiece up with refurbished garbage

Old 09-08-2007, 08:19 AM
sleepyjim
Cruiser

I got the B&E Superflow pipes off ebay and love the **** outta them, Ultraklass turned me on to them as he has a pair..............

There are 2 or more people selling these type of pipes, I recommmend ONLY the B&E pipes as they are now on 2 bikes here at least and no complaints...............

sj

Old 09-08-2007, 08:27 AM
sleepyjim
Cruiser

Here is the guy I got mine from, BOB:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZbobvic2

sj

Old 09-08-2007, 11:07 AM
dietdewboy
Tourer

Yup those are the ones I was looking at Bob Vic, How do they sound?

Old 09-08-2007, 11:44 AM
BigMoHog
Intermediate

They are just cutting the plugs out, that way there is a straight shot through. They tend to have a popping sound to them.

Old 09-08-2007, 01:18 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Different sellers are doing much different things, bigmohog. There is much more involved than just "cutting the plugs out."

dietdewboy, I got mine from this seller:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtkepple03

What he does,is cuts out the baffle plates in the center tube, and then removes baffling from the inlet end. You tell him how much in stages of 1-4, and that's what you get. I choose the stage 2, as per his recomendation for Ultra's, and we are extremely happy. We installed them first before doing any other mods, and they did screw up the idling rpm, but as soon as we finished the stage one download with SE aircleaner, everything was fine, and the service rep said it ran and sounded great. We did not dyno it, but we got a noticeable increase in low end power around townwith the Stage one and these mufflers, and we have suffered no popping or any other problems. Friends riding behind me tell me they sound great but are not loud. They do not "rap" when accelerating hard like some pipes do.

The only thing I don't like is that they still are a little tinny at idle due to the metal baffle, but once rolling they give a nice deep sound, and when you open the throttle even just a little you'll know you're on a Harley. I have no doubt that the B&E's, with their fiberglass baffle, have a better sound at idle.

With the ever increasing scutiny on loud pipes, the best thing about them is that they still look completely stock, unlike the ones from B&E, which havea completely different baffle installed, which is very noticeable if you know what the factory end is supposed to look like. On the ones I've got, a sharp-eyed cop would have to be on his hands and knees looking up them with a flashlight to see that they have been modified.

Also, he was more than happy to take a phone call and have me order direct, and he passed on his savings from not paying ebay fees. Neither one of us was worried about feedback, I paid with Paypal, and had them in three days via UPS. Plus, he has the slash down pipe that I wanted rather than the straight cut.

There's a lot of "hype" on some of these eBay listings, so take that with a grain of salt. There's one seller whose entire listing consists of knocking everyone else's and stating some pretty exhoribiant claims about his.

Quick Reply: Modified stock mufflers on EBAY