Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Security System

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 09:37 AM
doghog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HD Security System

I'm unfamiliar how the HDoptional security system works. I recently did a exhaust and Fuel Pak install and when I was finished I lowered the bike and took it for a ride. Now, naturally, I had the fork and switch unlocked but the fob was in the house. Does the fob tell the system that all is ok when you first unlock it but it doesn't have to be "near" it in order for it to run?
Thanks.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:41 AM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: HD Security System

I can only speak for the 07s. Yes, you need the fob near the bike for it to run. You can bypass the fob by entering your code using the blinker switches. So if you rode without the fob, the system has been bypassed or disabled!

Old 09-14-2007, 09:49 AM
kpb46
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can only speak for myself (07 ultra)and my friends 07 SG. You need the fob near the bike to START it. However with these two bikes,after it is running you can walk away with the fobandthey will stay running

Old 09-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Tech2
Tourer

ORIGINAL: kpb46

I can only speak for myself (07 ultra)and my friends 07 SG. You need the fob near the bike to START it. However with these two bikes,after it is running you can walk away with the fobandthey will stay running
So let's say you started your bike in the garage with the fob nearby and rode off without it, once you shut off the bike at your destination you would not be able to re-start without the fob?...unless you manually key in the code using the handlebar switches?...and if you don't know the code, you're stranded?

Just curious. I have an '06, so this really doesn't affect me.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:01 AM
DelawareDon
Cruiser

Tech2....You are correct.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:43 AM
doghog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So, I unlocked the fork and switch. I put the fob in the house. I worked on the bike on/off for a few days. Then I started it w/o the fob near the bike (house w/fob is about 75' away), road off about 2 blocks came back and shut it off.
Could I have screwed this thing by installing a Fuelpak?

Old 09-14-2007, 10:53 AM
timhdfl
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't see how installing a Fuelpack could cause that, but something is definitely wrong. If I set my fob on the workbench about 10 feet from where I park the bike, it's too far away for the security system to "see" it. My 08 seems to need the fob within about 5-6 feet.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:57 AM
kpb46
Road Master

Take the bike and BOTH fobs back to the dealer. Mine did the same thing. The security system was not set up during prep. Also take the little bar code labels that came with the bike's security system

Old 09-14-2007, 10:57 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: doghog

I'm unfamiliar how the HDoptional security system works. I recently did a exhaust and Fuel Pak install and when I was finished I lowered the bike and took it for a ride. Now, naturally, I had the fork and switch unlocked but the fob was in the house. Does the fob tell the system that all is ok when you first unlock it but it doesn't have to be "near" it in order for it to run?
Thanks.
If you had turned it off, you would have sat there unless you knew how to disable it with the turn sig. buttons and code.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:03 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

doghog:
Sounds like your system has not been activated. It should not have started and any significant movement while the fob was in the house should have activated your turn signals.

Quick Reply: HD Security System