Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight Modulator Testimony!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 05:42 AM
dchoran
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Modulator Testimony!!!

Have had this headlight modulator on my '05 Ultra this entire riding season - what a difference - I swear this little device (along with Sylvannia Silverstars) has at least doubled my recognition by cagers. This year I put on twice the miles (~10,000) and hardly a close call.

Better to run the modulator than your headlight and spots IMHO.
THISSUCKER WORKS!!![sm=goodidea.gif]

10 minute easy plug-n-play install.No cutting/soldering. SIMPLE. Should be standard HD safety equipment.

Have yet to get the finger or pulled over (100% legal) or even cut off.

But you do get allot of "looks", with expressions like [sm=insomnia.gif]or [sm=WTFsgign.gif]or [sm=yikesomg.gif]

Funny thing is, I have never seen one coming at me or from behind [sm=smiley25.gif][sm=smiley25.gif][sm=smiley25.gif]

>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>

http://www.kisantech.com/application2.php

KISAN P115W-S

Retail Price: $109.95
P115W-S unit is totally self-contained. There are no hidden boxes or switches. There are no wires to cut or splice.

P115W-S unit is designed for 3-pin H4 or a Japanese H7 2-pin style headlamps. It's 1.25" (32mm) round, and requires NO ADDITIONAL SPACE after it's plugged on the back of the bulb.

pathBlazer circuit modulates the hi-beam current - from 100% ON to about 17% OFF. This is accomplished by using a p-channel MOSFET, which is inherently safe. The MOSFET is designed to fail in the ON state. For additional safety, the circuits DO NOT utilize the lo-beam whatsoever!

MAX power rating is 115 watts. DO NOT EXCEED!

P115W-S comes with a detachable daylight sensor, which simply plugs into the pathBlazer. The daylight sensor functions as a switch; it stops modulation when it cannot see enough daylight. Since the internal circuitry is controlled by a microprocessor, it allows for customizable features.

Programmable Daylight Sensor

If you turn the high beam on and then turn the ignition on three times quickly, the sequence is interpreted as an active command to change the sensitivity.

Current software version v.823A allows 8 linear steps between the high and low end.

The daylight sensor has a low frequency filter to avoid false triggering. Please note that florescent lamps may not trigger the sensor - it needs constant incandescent light.

pathBlazer uses a soft-switching technique. It throttles the current flow through the bulb filament, so that there's no "thermal shock" due to a sudden inrush of current, which can damage the bulb filament or shorten its life considerably. This is far superior than maintaining a small voltage!

Select hi-beam to modulate - as long as there's sufficient daylight. If you enter a tunnel or if it gets dark, it will stop the modulation of the hi-beam and stay ON steady. Select lo-beam to end modulation.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:35 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior
Default RE: Headlight Modulator Testimony!!!

Ditto!!! It works..............

Old 09-23-2007, 07:50 AM
HarlyFan
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wonder if this will work with Harleys new dual halogen headlamp which I just bought and installed? I can see that it would definately grap your attention!!!

Old 09-23-2007, 08:12 AM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

HarleyFan, Give them a call at 888-464-5472. There is a real person on the other end of the line and he knows what what you need. I ordered mine direct from them and got it within 3 days. Other than taking the headlight out to plug mine in, it was a 10 minute job. I mounted the light sensor on the front brake banjo bolt/line on the master cylinder for now. TexasRedneck, drilled a hole and mounted it in the fairing for a cleaner look.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:52 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HarlyFan

I wonder if this will work with Harleys new dual halogen headlamp which I just bought and installed? I can see that it would definately grap your attention!!!
Yes it will - that's what ah'm runnin' in mine...call Kisan (or email 'em), and they'll give ya the model # ya want.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:00 AM
gordon188
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got one in April and only one close call by a cage. It does get attention and some harley purists hate it. but it is worth having.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:16 AM
doggiedave
Road Master

Good morning, can you elaborate as tothe function of this device? I usually run with all my lights on.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:51 AM
RED E GLIDE
Tourer

Mine modulates the headlight intensity bright to dim 4 timed per second.
Not high beam to low beam but bright to dim. the headlamp does not flash
on and off but dims and brightens. They are 50 state legal on motorcycles.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:00 AM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member

I use signal dynamic's version. Wired everything in as the bike was being rebuilt (Salvage/Rebuildable). The key to the legality is that the modulators do NOT turn the power to the bulb Off and On... they MODULATE the power from 20% (or so) to 100%... a "pulsing" of power to the bulb. Off and On (Flashing) is illegal... "Pulsing" is legal. I believe it IS an assett to my safety!

Jim aka kiltiemon

Old 09-23-2007, 11:10 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member

Funny thang is....been runnin' 'em since '96. Back then, they were still a relatively new thang on the road, an' we used to get hassled by the cops continuously. Ah carried a copy of the DOT regs that specifically allowed 'em, along with a copy of the TX DOT m/c safety division blurb that advocated their use - would still have an occassional cop that'd insist ah either turn 'em off or get a ticket. Ah'd insist they call out a supervisor, at which point thangs usually settled down. Did have one go so far as ta threaten ta run me in if ah didn't turn it off - at which point mah old shield came out an' ah told him ta go for it.

Quick Reply: Headlight Modulator Testimony!!!