Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 09-23-2007, 05:44 AM
One Of The Regulars
Default 07 Roadking top speed

Just wondered if any speed junkies out there have had their Roadking opened up.I have had mine up to 105 and it was still pulling strong.There are so many cops around here any high speed runs are pretty risky $$.Even out in the middle of nowhere alone on a straight highway you gotta keep your eyes peeled for the man.One of my coworkers got baggged doin 145 on his R1.I expect to get flamed by the do-gooders,but gotta know what these bikes are capable of.Thanks
Old 09-23-2007, 05:49 AM
Road Captain
Default RE: 07 Roadking top speed

Twist her ears back and let us know.
Old 09-23-2007, 06:51 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

well- on my 2000 rk (police), ive topped it out at around an indicated 110 MANY, MANY times.

ive done the same on my 06 RKC.

however, heres something interesting.... just yesterday, my partner and i were rolling around. i was on the 2000 RK and he was on one of our new 07's (with the 103"). i was in 5th (around 80mph) and he was in 6th (at the same mph). ive been curious to see the top-gear pull difference btwn the 2000's and the 07's with the 103". something strange, but very interesting happened----- we both went full-throttle and i walked him by no less than 4 bike lengths.

keep in mind that these are both stock with the exception being the 'new' S/E mufflers on the 07 and the 2000 having cheesey modified stock mufflers. thats it.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:05 AM
Sponsor

Quote:
ORIGINAL: forestfarm

Just wondered if any speed junkies out there have had their Roadking opened up.I have had mine up to 105 and it was still pulling strong.There are so many cops around here any high speed runs are pretty risky $$.Even out in the middle of nowhere alone on a straight highway you gotta keep your eyes peeled for the man.One of my coworkers got baggged doin 145 on his R1.I expect to get flamed by the do-gooders,but gotta know what these bikes are capable of.Thanks
The owners of this site have come out and said this is a Harley site and not a church site. Maybe a turbo and a 137 ci motor might help out when things get too boring. Pay attention to suspension parts and especially your tires. Both need to be improved. The HD front forks were patented in 1943 & never changes much. A difference between brave and foolhardy. Have fun and ride-on.
~Contact via e-Mail~
use my own e-Mail: howard@motorcyclemetal.com
http://www.motorcyclemetal.com/contact.html
Old 09-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Domestic Violence

i was in 5th (around 80mph) and he was in 6th (at the same mph). ive been curious to see the top-gear pull difference btwn the 2000's and the 07's with the 103". something strange, but very interesting happened----- we both went full-throttle and i walked him by no less than 4 bike lengths.
Acceleration in 6th is a fairly liesurely proposition, nowhere near as brisk as it is in 5th. If you perform the experiment again both in 5th the results will be markedly different.

Something must be FUBAR. Can one of you fine folks grab the powers-that-be's attention for me? I can't seem to get through. Thanks
Old 09-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Elite HDF Member

Totally agree...at 80 in 6th the other dude is not even reving...maybe 27-2800 RPM? Your 5 speed has you near 3300 or thereabouts, enough to be making more HP anyway.
Cool story though...

lp

Quote:
ORIGINAL: glens

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Domestic Violence

i was in 5th (around 80mph) and he was in 6th (at the same mph). ive been curious to see the top-gear pull difference btwn the 2000's and the 07's with the 103". something strange, but very interesting happened----- we both went full-throttle and i walked him by no less than 4 bike lengths.
Acceleration in 6th is a fairly liesurely proposition, nowhere near as brisk as it is in 5th. If you perform the experiment again both in 5th the results will be markedly different.
Old 09-23-2007, 11:50 PM
Outstanding HDF Member
Send a message via MSN to goodbirds

Haven't opened this one up past 90 yet, but the fifth gear is the one you use for acceleration above 65. the other day, my buddy with his new 1600 Nomad and I were accelerating uphill around a couple of slow semis, I easily left him behind in fifth doing about 80 to the top of the hill. He told me he couldn't keep up. We were both two up, uphill, and upwind. There is a bunch of power above 3000 rpm.[8D]

Keep thy nose down, and thy airspeed up, lest the earth rise up and smite thee.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:09 AM
Road Captain

I have hit 110 in 5th gear, had to slow down when I hit 6th gear the road was going to curve ahead and being my own favorite person did not want to see me get hurt from going too fast in a slow curve....
10.5 to 1 pistons, se-255 cams,SE heavy breather A/C, Jackpot Pipes, Jackpot carbon fiber mufflers, Garmin 660 GPS, Harley Hammock seat, Harley Blutooth, Harley XM radio, SEST tuner, Chrome front end, Chrome handgroup J&M 7.25 & 5.25 ...etc.
Lots Of Chrome = No Money
Every day on a Harley is a great day!!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:09 AM

P