Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fullsac true duals?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 02:25 AM
stu07hd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fullsac true duals?

I am looking for some opinions of Fullsac Duals.

http://www.fullsac.com/truedual.html

I have Rush Slip-ons on my 07 Ultra and just saw these. I have had the HD Stage 1 download done. Do you think that I will have any fuel issues. How easy is install and how happy are you with the product? Thanks.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:46 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Fullsac true duals?

I am planning on going with these, myself. If I decide to keep my slip ons. they are worth the money, I have read. There are a lot of guys here that have them. I am sure they will pop on here at some time, and let you know about them.

From everything I have read, they are easy enough to install. they sell two versions. One has a black pipe for the rear cylinder, and the other is silver. I have seen pics of both, and the black one seems to really blend in well with the engine, and not as obvious as the silver one. The main complaint I hear about them is the heat shields. The stockers do not fully cover the whole pipe. Most have bought other heat shields, and modified them to make itlook correct. Seems easy enough to modify them, and could be done with a cut off wheel, or dremel tool (I have read).

As far as your fuel system. I am not completely positive. Ido know that these pipes will allowgas/air to escapeat a faster rate, which might mean that you will need some type of fuel management. Since most that have done this already and had something for this, I am not completely sure. I have a carb on my bike, so I know the most I will have to do is maybe re jet it.

I PM'd Manish_Hawg (a forum member) about how he liked them, and he gave me rave reviews. If someone doesn't pipe in here with better information for you, I would suggest sending him a PM.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:19 AM
marvincbr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the kit on mine and am happy with everything about it. It improved the sound, both slip ons have a nice rumble now and changed the heat issue from too hot on the right side to warm on both sides. I also have only the download, no fuel issues that I know of and I have just over 7000 miles on her now. I went with the silver pipe on the rear cylinder as my RG has the silver engine and think it looks just fine. At the moment I just reconfigured the stock heat shields to cover just about everything they did before the install and it doesn't look too bad. I don't have any pics with it installed just yet, too busy riding

Old 10-04-2007, 07:50 AM
HarleyArcher
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I have them with a set of Rush 2.25" slip-ons and really like them. They will make the slip-ons louder but it is a better sound. I have a Fuel-Pak so I am not sure about the download but seems to be working for marvincbr. Very easy to install with minimal time. I to have the silver engine so I went with the silver rear pipe and it looks real good. Good Luck! Bryan

Old 10-04-2007, 07:50 AM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the kit on my Classic, very happy with it and pretty simple to install. I would guess you will have to tweek your fuel management a bit. But you could sure try to run it without any changes. When I bought mine they didnt have the black pipe option

Old 10-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have them, good tru dual sound with whatever mufflers you use.
I highly recommend NOT doing the download, get a Fuelpack or better yet the Thundermax.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:31 AM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

We have the Black 07 Full Sac Rear Pipe (True Dual) Conversion on our 06 Cop Glide (yes we got the 02 Bung version for upgrades down the road).

Installed in about sixty minutes (60), used the stock heat shields; have the part numbers for the Sampson "fix parts" if anyone is interested.

Good Sound from Stock Mufflers, cooled the heat under the thighs, and no issues for 2500 miles

Good bang for the buck

YRMV

Old 10-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 967 Likes on 526 Posts

Have them on the RK, made a definite difference in the sound, and my right leg doesnt fry in traffic.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:22 PM
fastony
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one, love the sound and performance I used the front heat shild off another bike to make it chrome.