Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ROADKING VS 1500 HONDA INTERSTATE

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 03:06 AM
ROADKING05
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROADKING VS 1500 HONDA INTERSTATE

MY ROADKING IS PRETTY STRONG. I HAD IT ON 3 DIFFERENT DYNOS,GOT 3 DIFFERENT #s BUT I DO KNOW ON SAME DYNO IT IS STRONGER THAN A STOCK 103 WITH RACE TUNER AND PIPES, MY QUESTION IS WILL A ROADKING PULLING 103 HP RUN WITH A HONDA VALKRIE 1500 INTERSTATE. I WORK WITH A FREIND THAT RIDES ONE OF THESE BIKES AND HE HAS A BUDDY RIDING A GOLDWING.WELL IT IS TWO AGAINS ONE HERE.I HAVE RODE BEHIND THE GOLDWING AND I FELT LIKE I COULD HAVE TOOK HIM BUT HE IS NOT THE ONE THAT RUNS DOWN HARLEYS ALL THE TIME AND I DIDNT PUSH IT JUST KEPT PRESSURE ON THE GOLDWING 1800, THE 1500 VALKRIE GUY IS THE ONE I WANT TO TEAR A NEW ONE,JUST DONT KNOW HOW STRONG THIS BIKE REALLY IS AND IF HE OUT RUNS THE ROADKING I WILL CATCH HELL AT WORK, WE HAVE NOT RUN AGAINS EACH OTHER YET, BUT IT IS COMING, CAN I TAKE THE HONDA 6 BANGER. CAN SOMEBODY SHINE SOME LIGHT HERE, THIS GUY CAN REALLY GET UNDER YOUR SKIN, IF HE WASNT A FREIND I WOULD HAVE ALLREADY KILLED HIM.

Old 12-14-2005, 03:52 AM
Traderjoe
Intermediate
Default RE: ROADKING VS 1500 HONDA INTERSTATE

You don't have to worry about it. The best revenge is good living. Your on a Harley and he is just on a plain old Honda. You are having way more fun already. Anybody can ride a honda.

Old 12-14-2005, 03:57 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

When people talk crap about theirs being better, faster, etc...
Its because they are jealous. How many people with really fast bikes/cars go around advertising? They know they are fast, and thats enough.

He may be faster, but he's using it to make up for the fact he's not truly happy with his bike.

Old 12-14-2005, 04:00 AM
Rhinohd
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He is jealous... And why are you yelling?

Old 12-14-2005, 04:17 AM
ROADKING05
Novice

HE MAYBE JEALOUS I DONT THINK I AM YELLING, I WAS TRYING TO FIND SOME ONE WHO HAS RUN AGAINST THESE BIKES, I MAYBE WRONG BUT I BELIEVE MY HARLEY WILL TAKE HIM,TIME WILL TELL. I KNOW A STOCK HARLEY CANT DO IT,THIS AINT NO STOCK BIKE, I GUESS THE ONLY REASON WE DONT KNOW WHO HAS THE BIG DOG IS WE BOTH DONT KNOW THE OUT COME AND MAYBE A LITTLE AFRAID TO FIND OUT.
ORIGINAL: Rhinohd

He is jealous... And why are you yelling?

Old 12-14-2005, 05:21 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yelling...

Typing all caps. Some people dont like it. Its supposed to be rude on forums. Never bothered me any, but it is polite to not do it.

Old 12-14-2005, 09:39 AM
RKJoe
Advanced

Screw him.. He rides a Honda. Nuff said. Park the bikes side by side and watch which one people gravitate to, I'm betting it won't be the Honda. That is the better put down, IMO. Joe

Old 12-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Bibleman
Cruiser

It is not about speed, and should never be. If you wanted a fast bike, purchasing a Road King - or any Harley - should not be your choice.

I have both a Ultra Classic and a 1800 Wing. There is no chance in hell that any stock Harley, including the VROD, can come close to it. Yet on weekends, when I want to go for a nice ride with the wife through New England, the Ultra is the bike I choose.

No slam on the Honda - I love my Wing and it's a blast to drive (VERY fast). And despite conventional wisdom, it gets plenty of attention at the local diner.

The two bikes are really apples and oranges. If you bought a RK because you love the bike, whether or not you can take a Metric in a race shouldn't matter. My Ultra is not that quick, and I plan no performance upgrades. I LIKE IT the way it is. Civalized and smooooooooooth!

Old 12-14-2005, 10:35 AM
DragonNester
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beating you is the only thing he can do to show his bike off. Let him go. His jealousy is obvious and his attempt to make you feel inadequate is a joke! He's beat for all the right reasons and he knows it.

Your bike is superior in many ways and a whole lot more desireable. But, I doubt you'll pull him in a drag race.

Changing your front spocket will get you through the gears quicker. Just go back to stock after the race for gas mileage.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:01 AM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts

ALL CAPS IS YELLING!!!!

As for your questions, I used to have a Valkyrie, great bike, strong as I don't know what with that F6 motor. I had the Interstate, all the bells and whistles, got rid of it, as I was tired of the inability to find aftermarket stuff for it, and the service was a pain...amongst other reasons. More expensive than most HD's, wasn't a money thing, simply liked the bike on the showroom floor...thought about it for a month or so, bought the bike. (This was in 1999). It was a funny looking monstrosity with that motor and STUFF hanging out all over it, but unique and pretty in it's own Down Syndrome kind of way. (no offense to those that have children with Downs, I have a nephew with the same, and I find him beautiful in his own DS kind of way).

I have the EG Std now, and I can comfortably say that my EG Std, with a 98" motor won't even come close to running with my old Valkyrie...not even close.

Not why I have a HD though...

You're answer, IMHO, is this: "Nice bike, dude."

Then ride your HD and go home.

If you care about the speed to beat this guy, you'll need some more money in your ride, 2 into 1, 121" motor, tuned, better ignition, higher compression, and a few other mods...

Your money, your choice, and your pride if you allow it to be, IMHO, you've beat him six ways to Sunday already.

My $.02

Mac

Quick Reply: ROADKING VS 1500 HONDA INTERSTATE