Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 04:14 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit

The unit I have on my street glide, the turn signals work as running lites and when you use the turn switch they blink on either side with no problem. When the brakes are applied they are very noticeable and I did not change the bulbs. I cant remember the brand but when I get home I will look at it. I took it off my 03 fat boy and it works perfect so far it has been there for a while now. I replaced the rear lenses with the billett ones from harley and I am very happy. I will let you all know the brand...

Old 11-06-2007, 04:25 PM
Firetender
Road Warrior
Default RE: Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit

I understand the brightest way to go is install the older turn signal/brake light kit, and change out the rear turn signals for a set of front turn signals, swap out for red lenses and wire one filament to the tail light. I saw both the new and old kits at SDHD on thewall the last time I was there.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:19 PM
dgp575
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Auxiliary running/turn/brake light issue

My Wife and I have been riding Harleys for 7 years and wanted to add Auxiliary running / brake / turn signal modules to our bikes and saw an old post on a Forum on your site. I installed on both our bikes and as most all on the post did not like how bright the running lights were so I did the fix posted by "ONESHOTDOG" November of 07. it worked perfectly on my wifes 2005 Deluxe and I love the added glow at the back of her bike when braking and I followed steps exactly for my 2008 Electra Glide Classic but nothing changed can anyone tell me what I did wrong, I did read a couple of post in the old one that members said the same thing, is there anything different between the fix for softails vs. Touring

Old 01-09-2011, 10:49 PM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Harley version of the run/turn/brake module and it works great. The lights are very bright and noticeable.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:48 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master

L.E.D. tail lights

Old 01-10-2011, 05:03 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

I agree,the HD LED tail light and HD LED turn/run /brake lights are a great working combo.

Old 01-10-2011, 07:18 AM
artt
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dgp575
My Wife and I have been riding Harleys for 7 years and wanted to add Auxiliary running / brake / turn signal modules to our bikes and saw an old post on a Forum on your site. I installed on both our bikes and as most all on the post did not like how bright the running lights were so I did the fix posted by "ONESHOTDOG" November of 07. it worked perfectly on my wifes 2005 Deluxe and I love the added glow at the back of her bike when braking and I followed steps exactly for my 2008 Electra Glide Classic but nothing changed can anyone tell me what I did wrong, I did read a couple of post in the old one that members said the same thing, is there anything different between the fix for softails vs. Touring
What fix did you do? I read and re-read this thread and didn't see a set of instructions for a fix.

Old 01-10-2011, 09:18 AM
dgp575
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pulled some pictures posted by "oneshotdog" a couple of years ago (Nov 07') but here it is simple in his words
Cut the 2 blue wires leading into the modulator and join these 2 wires together
Join the the other 2 blue wires so that the modulator is by-passed
cut the Red wire w/ yellow stripe between the modulator and the female plug and connect the 2 blue wires coming out of the modulator to the red/yellow wire.

This worked perfect on the 05' Softail Deluxe but not my 08'Electra Glide

Old 01-10-2011, 09:51 AM
badjustbad
Tourer

I installed the H-D run/brake/turn signal module on my RKC. I also installed the bullet turn signals. This made both the brake and the signals far less visible - the opposite of what I was looking for. My riding buddies were always complaining about how dim the lights were, especially in the bright sunlight.

I decided to improve the brightness I needed to change out the bulbs for LEDs so I contacted Badlands. I found out that I need to replace the H-D module for one that enables me to run the LEDs (Not the first money I ever wasted - traded the old module for a bottle of Rum.). The Badlands module combined with the LEDs is VERY bright now. My riding buddies don't want to be behind me when riding at night - it hurts their eyes.

The guy at Badlands told me the H-D module does not have a very large voltage difference between the running and brake/signal. For example, the taillights are lit at 80% going to 100% when flashing. The module from Badlands has a greater difference, say 50% to 100%, which makes the signals/brakes way more obvious. I just made those % numbers up, don't quote me.

O yeah, the Kuryakyn module is made in some Asian country and it has a heating problem, especially if the 4-ways are used. Just sayin' - I have nothing against Kuryakyn products but others seem to praise the "Buy American" philosophy.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I know this is an old post and there is a more recent post with wire modifications aimed a turning the running light function off. Unfortunately this mod only works on bikes prior to 08. HD must of made some electrical mods on the 08's and later. Also the original part #69461-06 is no longer available and was replaced with part #69461-06A which was the part the mod was done on to turn off the running lights. Now the part # is 69461-06B. The mod will not work on this part. Does anyone have the mod to turn the running lights off?

Quick Reply: Auxiliary Running Light / Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit