Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding a cooling fan (or oil cooler) to FLHTCUI

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 09:03 PM
ConroeTxHarley
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a 2006 Ultra-Classic, switched to Royal purple, Bought a HD Cooling Fan Kit! and reading the Instruction, which U have to use the service manual along with the Instructions. I have always worked on my on bikes! the Instructions R a little complicated, looked thru my service manual. HAS Any One ever put a Fan on, because I don't want to cut the wires it say's in the front, and where do u mount the Horn!! And I don't have a cigarette Lighter, where does that wire go instead!!!!! Any help is Great!!!!

Old 09-06-2012, 09:16 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe you need a different fan

Old 09-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Moneywoes
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like on a FLHT they have you mounting the horn on the horizontal fairing support under the fairing??

Old 09-07-2012, 01:36 AM
ConroeTxHarley
5th Gear
Default harley Fan kit ?

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
Maybe you need a different fan
Didn't ask for another fan or ur B.S site as U cannot provide Info for a contact! I do wck for the Gov. Dept. as well!, I was Just asking about Any one who had installed a HD fan kit is all!! I don't need ur over the seas selling BS!
Have a Great Day!!

Old 09-07-2012, 01:42 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by ConroeTxHarley
Didn't ask for another fan or ur B.S site as U cannot provide Info for a contact! I do wck for the Gov. Dept. as well!, I was Just asking about Any one who had installed a HD fan kit is all!! I don't need ur over the seas selling BS!
Have a Great Day!!
Could you say that in english?

Old 09-07-2012, 02:17 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Have a Great Day!!
You might want to read about the fans from Wards before you go judging them, you would find they work better and cost less than what you have, the HD fan kit is about the worst you can get.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:53 AM
dc1450
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Removing the lowers helps a lot, also adding the heat shields behind the fuel tank. You will notice that the newer Ultras come with them.
Adding a stage 1 tune will help the engine run cooler, it consists of a free flowing air cleaner, free flowing exhaust and a new fuel injection map. You will want to do this before farting around with fans and oil coolers. The bike will run better/stronger and you will be happier.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:51 AM
Cwboyscooby
Tourer

1. This is a 5 year old thread revived today with only a somewhat-related question.

2. The HD fan is virtually worthless. the fan has very little power and the airflow is blocked in large part by the mounting bracket. It only blows on the rear of the front Jug and the front of the rear jug.

I don't know anything about the fan suggested by the above vendor, but his advice was sound. If you haven't installed the HD fan yet, take it back and go with an aftermarket one.

I have used the HD Fan, the Lenale (<- spelling?), then tried the love jugs. The love jugs blow away the competition (pun intended). It was the only one that actually made my engine run cooler, and does not require relocating the fan. A twin fan design is the only way to go.

I wasted a lot of money on fans that didn't work as they should... just trying to save you some time and money.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:25 AM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have a Great Day!!
Don't be a friggin' dick !

Jason's FCS are a outstanding product.. along with a oil cooler and T-stat.. all of which have my 07 SG running much cooler than stock! And you know the heat here in Texas is a stone bitch!

Old 09-07-2012, 10:15 AM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HD Jim
Don't be a friggin' dick !

Jason's FCS are a outstanding product.. along with a oil cooler and T-stat.. all of which have my 07 SG running much cooler than stock! And you know the heat here in Texas is a stone bitch!
Hell yes. I'm running his fans on my 120R. Very well engineered, quality design and build in the USA. Significant reduction in engine temps too.

Quick Reply: Adding a cooling fan (or oil cooler) to FLHTCUI