Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag guard bagand water bottle holder

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 01:49 PM
bcollida
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddlebag guard bagand water bottle holder

hey,

I was riding around the other day with a cold bottle of coke inside my jacket when I thought maybe it would be a good idea to get a bottle holder now that a have a long haul bike.

I was looking in the Harley catalog and saw the saddlebag guard bag and water bottle holder.
Does anyone have this and can you put a coke or pepsi bottle in it?

I have enough crap hanging off the handlebars, I was thinking back by the saddlebag would be a good place for my half drank soda

What do you guys use

Old 11-21-2007, 01:54 PM
TX_RG
Cruiser
Default RE: Saddlebag guard bagand water bottle holder

put what ever you want in it, just clean it when your done.

Personally, I was thinking about installing an EXPRESSO Machine.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:05 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I bought the ones without the bottle holders. I just put the drink inside them. I figured thebottle that comes with the other type would get lost or broken or disgusting (who wants to drink out of a bottle thats covered in road grim).

Old 11-21-2007, 02:20 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

This is what I am using. I have a throw away water bottle with a 1/4 turn top to keep my drink in the bottle.

It can be used on the saddle bag guard to. You can see it in my sig....
Yes you can add a lot of stull on the bars.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Tin Man 1
Cruiser

I have the saddlebag guard bags with water bottle holder. At the time I thought theywould be a good idea. If you want what ever you put in them to stay cool, forget it. I have even frozen water in the bottles and before long not only is the ice thawed, but the water is hot. I suppose during the winter months it wouldn't be as bad. I think they were a waste of money. I wish I had bought the ones without the drink holder. At least that way I would have a little more storage space.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:28 PM
RonH
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have them on both sides and really like them! I use the bottle that comes with them, fill it with water and put it in upside down so bugs and junk don't get on the mouth part - and it's an easy left hand reach to grab it and take a drink. Sure they don't stay cold - but on a long hot ride that drink of water sure tastes good at any temp....

Old 11-21-2007, 02:30 PM
jmcollison
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought one of each, bottle holder and pouch. Pouch is a great addition. I left the bottle at a friends house in Denver and have never seen it again. If I use the bottle holder again, I'm goung to modify it by putting a metal band around the mouth. If you pull the bottle out at highway speed, the opening collapses and you'll never get the bottle back in again without slowing to practically a stop! Real pain in the a$$ when you're cruising along trying to find a place to stash your bottle!!!!

Old 11-21-2007, 02:55 PM
oneshotdog
Tourer

Ive got them and love them, its usually hoter than hell out when you want a drink anyway, I use it all the time, I usually only pull it out when im in traffic stopped, dont feel comfortable enought to attempt to pull out a bottle, take the lid off, Drinking isnt bad but eyes defintly are not on the road when your doing the rest of the process.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:04 PM
rparnel1
Tourer
Received 150 Likes on 59 Posts

I also have one of each. The bottle holder (on left side) works great for me. It will hold a water bottle, soda bottle or the included Harley bottle. When I am touring, I use the Harley bottle and I find that most places I gas up will let me fill it with ice and water for free.I have carried all in mine and find it to be quite functional duringhot riding weather. I can remove and reinsert the bottle going down the road without taking my eyes off the road. The other side holds all my wifes things plus goodies like eye drops, lip douche, sunscreen, tissue, etc... If I didn't have a bottle holder, I would have to get some kind of handlebar mount to hold a bottle or cup.

I can't say that I have had a problem with road grime or bug crap on the bottle mouthpiece, but I can see where it could happen. But eating a few bugs here and there is all part of it.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:11 PM
RonH
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jmcollison
I bought one of each, bottle holder and pouch. Pouch is a great addition. I left the bottle at a friends house in Denver and have never seen it again. If I use the bottle holder again, I'm goung to modify it by putting a metal band around the mouth. If you pull the bottle out at highway speed, the opening collapses and you'll never get the bottle back in again without slowing to practically a stop! Real pain in the a$$ when you're cruising along trying to find a place to stash your bottle!!!!
Thats why I put my bottle in the holder inverted, even if it collapses the smaller top end goes in real easy. I've used it zillions of times at hwy speed without looking and had no problems. Just reach down and grab it, put the top in your mouth and use your teeth to open the cap, drink, and after I just push the top into my chest to close it, and invert it for back down in the holder. Eyes never leave the road

Quick Reply: Saddlebag guard bagand water bottle holder