Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

prblem solved for Auxiliary running light/brake/turn signal conversion kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 08:28 AM
robandlyn
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: prblem solved for Auxiliary running light/brake/turn signal conversion kit

ORIGINAL: soos
Up to about 2 years ago, the MoCo had a brake/turn signal module (#69461-06) that they replaced with a newer module (#69461-06A) which added the running light feature. Great idea in theory, but the problem was that the brake light function was barely brighter than the running light feature. It was pointed out to me on more than one occassion by more than one person. Unfortunately, I had sold my original module. I went back to my dealer and they no longer carried the older version. I then searced for months on the internet and found a dealer who had the older model and quickly snatched it up.
Now don't get me wrong, coz I am all in favor of having more lights and being seen, but I would much rather have a brake light come on from the off mode to full bright than from the on mode to just barely brighter mode. It's all about getting their attention. Kudos to oneshotdog for coming up with an alternative fix.
You hit it right on the HEAD !

THANKS BIG TIME .... OneShotDog ! ! !
I had the older versions as soon as they came out on our older bikes. I tried the NEWER versions
on our new bikes and SOLD them ASAP for the reason SOOS posted. I will now buy 2sets
(TOMORROW) at my local HD dealer cus they got 20% off this weekend.

Can't thank you enough OneShotDog cus I was just about to buy a set from Biketronics that
has them set up the OLD way. Well 2 people here got good buys on the newer versions I sold.

Rob .....

Old 11-24-2007, 08:59 AM
robandlyn
Road Master
Default RE: prblem solved for Auxiliary running light/brake/turn signal conversion kit

OneShotDog
Is this RIGHT ?
What about the Red and Yellow from the Modulator.
If it is WRONG let me know and I will RE-POST picture.
Thanks ...
Rob ....

I deleted DIAGRAM in this POST.
Please see CORRECTED version further down.
Rob ....

Old 11-24-2007, 09:17 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,720 Likes on 1,546 Posts

Great info! The newer module is dangerous. A lot of people have told me the same as Soos. Can't see the brake light change in intensity.
Thanks for the fix..(if it works).

YouNEED to post a Schematic....

lp

Old 11-24-2007, 09:20 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

Couldn't you just remove the wires directly from the connector(s) and attach them to each other that way, or add whatever terminal hardware to the wire that is needed to make this mod to the harness rather than cutting, so if you wanted to go back to the way the kid was originally designed you can just plug and play?
When I splice wires, I always trim the insulation back uniformly, insert the strands into each other and twist (not just twist them around each other), and then solder them.....lastly the heat shrink tubing is applied for a "almost factory like splice". trying to revert back to the original design after that is not easy.

Old 11-24-2007, 02:03 PM
White Knight 04
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: problem solved for Auxiliary running light/brake/turn signal conversion kit

Gabhart , A quick fix for this is the plug and go Kuryakyn Run Stop& turn Ill guarntee your brake lights will be bright and also your turn signals... Also the name of that chrome shop is the I 75 chrome shop in Fla. its between Ocala and Bushenell....

Old 11-24-2007, 02:19 PM
bulldogmoe7
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: problem solved for Auxiliary running light/brake/turn signal conversion kit

more light the better. better to be seen than not

Old 11-24-2007, 02:25 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,955 Likes on 1,711 Posts

That's what was keeping me from ever getting these. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the tip

Old 11-24-2007, 03:02 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: soos

ORIGINAL: Ram

I would think that you would want more running lights? I do!

My turn rear signals don't have running lights feature. Bike came stock with just amber blinkers and tail light.

Put a module in mine to make the blinkers have stop light function as well and changed the lenses from amber to red. The module that I've got does not make them operate as running lamps!

I have reciently bought a set of front signals that are wired for dual filimant bulbs that I'm going to swap into the rears and make mine have running lights.

If you don't want your signals to be running lights why cut all the wires on the module, just take the module out?
Up to about 2 years ago, the MoCo had a brake/turn signal module (#69461-06) that they replaced with a newer module (#69461-06A) which added the running light feature. Great idea in theory, but the problem was that the brake light function was barely brighter than the running light feature. It was pointed out to me on more than one occassion by more than one person. Unfortunately, I had sold my original module. I went back to my dealer and they no longer carried the older version. I then searched for months on the internet and found a dealer who had the older model and quickly snatched it up.

Now don't get me wrong, coz I am all in favor of having more lights and being seen. I have HD's LED tourpak and saddlebag running/brake light spoiler kits and a HogLite mounted under my tourpak, as well as HD's LED saddlebag latches which function as running and turn signal lights. But I would much rather have a brake light come on from the off mode to full bright than from the on mode to just barely brighter mode. It's all about getting their attention. Kudos to oneshotdog for coming up with an alternative fix.

Any chance of getting a pic of the finished module? For those of us that need a visual as well as a written description?
Soos, I'm not aware of the problem you all have mentioned since mine is only a signal and brake module and they both lite up the same brilliance! That is why I'm also changing out my rear turn signal bodys for the dual filament lamps are for the front end of our bike. Then I'm hoping to have the best of both worlds!
Thanks

Old 11-24-2007, 03:25 PM
07blackcherryflhx
Road Captain

thanks for the write-up I will attemp. I feel that the running lights on the bikes with this module look like the bike is constantly comming to a stop. I like this look better like the old harley modules used to be unfortunatly they don't work on the 07's

Old 11-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Chief40al
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: robandlyn

OneShotDog
Is this RIGHT ?
What about the Red and Yellow from the Modulator.
If it is WRONG let me know and I will RE-POST picture.
Thanks ...
Rob ....

[IMG]local://upfiles/11292/8F5D54690EE34CA3846BC581ACFC4203.jpg[/IMG]

Is this drawing correct?

Quick Reply: prblem solved for Auxiliary running light/brake/turn signal conversion kit