Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Puerto Rico

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 09:50 AM
rambo11
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Puerto Rico

The wife and I will be in Puerto Rico on vacation next week and would like to rent a harley for a day. Anybody know of a dealer that rents. I have been on the Harley websites and cant find anything on Puerto rico.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Jim

Old 12-04-2007, 09:57 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Puerto Rico

Never used it - but here's one???

http://www.zaza-gc.com/

Old 12-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Hog Yild
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've driven a cage in San Juan and on 39back and forthbetweenCaguas.
All I can say drive defensively.
I always paid for for the extra insurance, it came in handy one time.
You're a brave soul.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:31 AM
Stroker 1700
Intermediate

Not sure where to rent, but there is an HD outlet in old san juan. Word of caution, they do not know to drive. I was clipping along the "interstate", when I came quickly upon some guy doing 40 in the left lane. I found that this is par for the course on any road. It seems that there is no hurry to get anywhere, so be prepared to get aggravated.
Just a different lifestyle.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:36 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Be careful driving in PR---it seems as though the rules of the road are made up as you go. They get full use out of SUVs to include riding/driving on the curb.

I did not see very many cars without dents, scapes and evidence of side swipes.

Enjoy your trip --- the people are extremely friendly and weather is great.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:41 AM
troutbum1971
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was stationed there from 98-2000. Be careful driving they claim there are driving laws there but....... Drivers pass on right.... in the metro area (San Juan) people run red lights after midnight so they do not get car jacked.. You should be able to tour around the whole island in about 12-16 hours due to traffic. You have to visit Ponce while you are there. Good Luck and pay attention while you're driving or riding.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:49 AM
ClutchCargopa
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Been there many times, I once had to go there for work (once a month). There is a dealer in the Northwest corner in Aquadilla. I do not know if they rent. As a word of caution there is a reason the windows of all the homes have bars on them. The people are very nice but the crime is high. Beaches in San Juan close at 6:00 because of crime. If I were renting a bike I would fully insure it for theft and damage and than only rent for one day. The island albeit very nice is almost third world in its thinking. Many outsiders from other islands come there and make for a bad experience.
As mentioned driving is a story unto itself. Riding a bike will be very interesting because its all out war on the roads and unless you know the rules, or lack there of you can get into trouble.

So after all that, and having been there I would recommend getting a car and leave the bike at the dealer. Your vacation can change on a heart beat because of the traffic conditions and crime.

As a recommendation should you have the time, go to the island of Viacus. There is a ferry that takes you there from Frehardo, cost is 2 dollars, when arriving ask the cabbie to take you to the blue beach. It US government owned and not a soul in site for miles. Have the cabbie drop you off and have him come back in a few hours. Spend your time with your girl on a pristine beach and do what ever you want. The sand is clean white and water deep blue.

above all have fun its a very nice place to visit.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:02 PM
troutbum1971
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Viegas and Fajardo is what you meant to say, I think?
Viegas is where all the protests went down, when a test drone killed and electrician.

either way it's beautiful both PR and Viegas.

You used to be able to fly from Fajardo to ST Thomas for 60 buck round trip. Wife did that a lot while we were there.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:55 PM
rambo11
Cruiser

Thanks for all the good advice. We have a car reserved and based on the responses here think we will skip the bike.
Thanks
Jim

Old 12-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

I do a lot of business in PR, and try to ride in the west side of the island or the south. The north and east is very congested like NYC. In addition, watch out for those potholes, they are huge.

Quick Reply: Puerto Rico