Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advanced Audio Bluetooth Hands Free Cell Phone Interface

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Cowboy Tom
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advanced Audio Bluetooth Hands Free Cell Phone Interface

Afternoon all,
Is anyone using the Advanced Audio Bluetooth Hands Free Cell Phone Interface on their Ultra Classic? I am looking into getting the Garmin ZUMO 550 GPS, but to hook it to the HD radio system to answer calls would cost about as much as the HD Hands Free System. I do long rides and want to have the "option" of taking calls on the road.
If you have the system, what are your opinions of it. Thanks for any info.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:56 PM
gene01
Road Captain
Default RE: Advanced Audio Bluetooth Hands Free Cell Phone Interface

I personally love it, you can control it through the handlebar controls or from the face of the stereo, voice command say "call Tamara" it says "Tamara" you say "dial" then it rings, it also has voice recognition for numbrs you say" dial a number" it says"what is the number" you say"4211234" then you say "dial" you are then connected, answer calls when you are listening to the radio, it rings, you press answer and start talking, it mutes the stereo until you are done talking.... a great unit, buy it on e-bay or zanotti's for the best deal.... you will love it... might as well install the xm since you are under the fairing.... the xm takes less than 5 minutes to install if you have the fairing off already.... the bluetooth kit takes about 2 hours to install as the unit mounts in the tour pak.... and a cable goes under the seat under the gas tank and into the fairing....

Old 12-18-2007, 05:00 PM
homehandyman
Advanced

gene01, is the installation pretty straight forward? I read that you need to purchase an additional wiring harness. Is there any drilling involved?

Old 12-19-2007, 06:48 AM
Tin Man 1
Cruiser

I had them install the Advanced Audio Bluetooth Hands Free Cell Phone Interface when I bought my bike new. Although it took 3 dealerships, one year, and a call to the Moco, they finally got it to working. It's great.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:59 PM
2001lightning
Stage I

Works great installed it myself

Old 08-14-2011, 12:00 PM
tjdog800
Stage I

Anybody know where to find these units?

Old 08-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Guitar4Him
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you don't already have the 550, perhaps you should consider getting a 660 or a 665. They will interface with your bluetooth cell phone perfectly. Then, all you have to add to the bike is the Bomm interface which is less than $100 and takes about 30 minutes to install. Once set up, you can listen to your calls in your helmet speakers or fairing speakers. You do your talking through your helmet microphone. This setup works great. Most folks I talk to say they can't even tell I'm on the bike (I have a full-face helmet with the H-D boom audio headset). This is assuming that you have the audio output from the GPS hooked to the Aux input on the H-D radio. If you're listening to mp3's or satellite radio on the GPS, it will mute the music if a call comes in.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:33 AM
hdultralover
Stage II

i have a 2011 ultra limited, yes i know i shouldnt be on the phone while riding but i dont have conversations i would be something quick or like in an emergency. i once witnessed a hit and run and could call police until i stopped. well anyway i wanted the interface for the bluetooth but the dealership told they discontinued this product because of issues.

does anyone still have it that can tell me if you have ever had a problem?

Old 09-03-2011, 03:44 AM
hdultralover
Stage II

and i really dont want to buy a zumo, because is found the interface on ebay

Old 09-03-2011, 10:45 PM
vistavette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Anyone have a part #?

Quick Reply: Advanced Audio Bluetooth Hands Free Cell Phone Interface