Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's a fella to do....

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Rattle Can
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's a fella to do....

I really wanna go for a ride, but I'm so confused. I mean, there's all this stuff to think about. Like...should I wear Harley boots,logging boots, or work boots. And if I wearRed Wing work boots will somebody think I'm really not areal rider'cause Red Wing is too muchlike Gold Wing? And what about a jacket? Can I wear a Harley t-shirt AND a Harley jacket, or how about just a long sleeve, no wait, short sleeve....no..no, a long sleeve t-shirt and a vest with no logo?I mean, I'm gonna be on a bike, but I don't want to look like I like bikes. And I gotta hide the tattoos because they aren't politically correct. Right? AndI gotta match the chaps. Or should I just wear jeans? Or maybe leather pants? Or maybe leather pants and chaps? What about gloves? Should I wear leather gloves or some of those fingerless jobs? Or maybe just skip the gloves? No, I can't do that, somebody will accuse me of being unsafe and a bad role model. Ok, gonna wear the full face helmet. Oops, I forgot, full face helmets aren't cool. Ok, I'll wear the skid lid. But do I wear it by itself or should I wear a skull cap, too? The skull cap with the skulls? Maybe not. It's probably too offensive. Ok, the one from Hooters. Uumm, better not. It's probably too sexist. Alright, it'll be the plain black one. Should I ask the wife to go with me or go by myself. She is pretty pissed about all the money I spent on the 6 exhaust systems, 5 seats, 3 fuel processors, and 4 windshields. I mean, I wouldn't be in trouble with her if people just made better decisions aboutwhat I should spend my money on. But then, now that I realize what a piece of junk my bike is, maybe I should just ride it down to the dealership and trade it on a new one. Surely the new ones are quieter, smoother, cooler, and wind free. Man, I am really trying to figure this stuff out because I really want to becool and not be called a poser!

Ok.....you're right. Too much cold, too littleriding. But I am confused....really!

Old 12-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: What's a fella to do....

Man you responded to nearly all of the threads from the last 2 weeks in just one paragraph....good job!!!! Just don't go to Wendy's drive thru window.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:10 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

The joys and pains of owning a Harley. Too funny.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:13 AM
Billiam92407
Tourer

Man.... I guess people who are impressionable ought not join this forum.

I think the easiest answer is to ride naked.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:14 AM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Don't worry, if the outside temp is below 40, your decision's made - stay home; if not, ride.

Hack

Old 12-20-2007, 11:17 AM
olbagr
Cruiser

Let me guess........You're looking out the window at several inches of the white $hit....... wishing you could ride today

Old 12-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Peppa1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As stated above, you have got to be bored out of your gord and just needed to play with the keyboard. You need a hobby !!!

Old 12-20-2007, 11:34 AM
pop1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

just go ride

Old 12-20-2007, 12:10 PM
BOARGAURD
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Don't start the Wendys thread again[:@][:@], I can't believe it lasted this long[:'(]

Old 12-20-2007, 12:13 PM
jackja25
Road Captain

Decisions, decisions, decisions. Who cares? Just ride, at least thats why I purchased the scoot.

Quick Reply: What's a fella to do....