Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sturgis -> Buffalo Chip, Full Throttle Saloon,

Old 12-20-2007, 04:38 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Sturgis -> Buffalo Chip, Full Throttle Saloon,

[align=center]GLENCOE CAMPGROUND
PARTY CENTRAL DURING THE RALLY
http://www.glencoecamp.com/
[/align]

Old 12-20-2007, 05:14 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking about staying at the Full Throttle in one of these "cabins" LOL Look more like the Tuff-Shed I have out behind my house

http://www.fullthrottlesaloon.com/cabins_for_rent.php

Old 12-20-2007, 05:28 PM
Wolfn
Intermediate

Besides where to stay, I think a first-timer should get some other areas of guidance here.

1. Take plenty of cash....you will need to pay on the spot if you get a ticket.
2. Watch your speed and stop signs......me and a buddy left the BoneYard one night and missed
a stop sign.....had to do the blow test and everything else.....lucky for me that the officer got
called formore important business.

I stayed at a campground 8 miles south of Deadwood....nice temps at night......
Just be sure you dont drink too much and have to drive a long ways.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:29 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What ever way you go.... Don't wait to make reservations - Some places book a year in advance!!!!

Old 12-20-2007, 05:40 PM
BOARGAURD
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Visit the full throttle saloon is a must. I find it better to stay in Rapid City and my favorite campground is in Nemo, S.D. Located in the middle of the black hills, quiet out of traffic. Hard to descibe but there is only one way to the big campgrounds; buffalo, glencoe, full throttle. Big headache just to get to camp at night, not my kind of fun. Find the Nemo guest ranch and call Willie, she will take excellent care of you. Crowds are not my deal but there are people in the Nemo grounds that party at decent levels, so you can get sleep.
Come morning, the showers are clean, free bike wash across the street and BIG all you can eat breakfast for $6.00 then your ready to go for the day. Very laid back town, no traffic and did I mention quiet!

Old 12-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I stopped staying at Bear Butte a couple years after the Full Throttle was built...in the morning it would take a couple hours to get past FT to get into town, or anywhere else in the hills...at night it would take at least that long to get past the FT to get back to the camp ground...lots of bikes over heating and a lot of bikers getting real pissed because there is no decent traffic control. If you have apes on your bike (or any of your buddies) make sure they aren't over shoulder height....an instant ticket. When in Sturgis don't back into a parking slot if even part of your bike is hanging over the yellow curb "no parking zone", it will be hauled away quickly. ATMs in town cost an arm and a leg to get cash from. I always carried a little roll-up bag in one saddlebag that could be bunjied to my passenger backrest (on my Dyna) to make room for stuff I bought to carry back to where ever you are staying.

The last few years 3 other couples and us have been renting a cabin in Hill City, makes for a nice morning ride into Sturgis and evening ride back, but we didn't take in much of the night activities in Sturgis. If you are going to stay at those cabins at the Full Throttle, or at the Chip, make sure you have some ear plugs if you want to get any sleep at night.

I don't mean to make things sound too negative, it really is a great time, but after a couple days without sleep even the most hearty partier can get a little on the bitchy side.[:'(]

Old 12-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Biggzed
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 230 Likes on 150 Posts

ORIGINAL: sublime_ac

The full throttle changed your life eh? Care to elaborate or is it a case of what happens in Sturgis stays in Sturgis? LOL

Old 12-20-2007, 06:29 PM
mslater741
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you want to get in the thick of things...its hard to beat tittyalley at Glencoe but going to bed at 2-3 oclock is a little early for that party

Old 12-20-2007, 08:33 PM
kennyross
Cruiser

The Chip is nice to see the shows at night, and not have to ride.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Bobzilla
Road Captain

First time ,check out the chip you can book now for around 200.00 bucks this includes all the shows at night man is it a party and if you dont like the camp ground in acouple of days find something else keep thewrist band and you can still go to the concerts depending on the band, trying to buy a ticket on a nightly basis can cost ya 50.00 to 60.00 full throtle is only about 1 or 2 miles away if that and it is free admision bathrooms have gotten a little better over the last couple of years you figure out real quick wich ones you want to use and after the concert you HAVE TO CHECK OUT THE MECHANICLE BULL just hang around for a wile and it will happen

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sturgis -> Buffalo Chip, Full Throttle Saloon,