Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHR Road King vs Dyna Super Glide Custom

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 07:35 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: FLHR Road King vs Dyna Super Glide Custom

dude,,, get the Road king for sure,,,,, look at my bikes,, same boat, the Superglide is great for
son,,,, but wife n I,,,, are made for ultra.

after a 1/2 day on the road, no bike is "to Big"

I swear my big bike handles a lot better than the Sup Glide

Old 01-20-2008, 07:44 AM
jaymcgil19
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ask this question in the Dyna section and see what kind of answers you get. My advise is RK without a doubt

Old 01-20-2008, 08:51 AM
HogBoy
Outstanding HDF Member

Follow the advice of others. Spend as much time as you can on both rides. Figure out what kind of riding you're going to do. I have an RKC (used to have a Springer) and have never looked back. I love the King. And you'll find yourself getting very comfortable with the handling very quickly. The King has excellent handling and a lot of stability on the road.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:03 AM
Flying Horse
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

As others have already said, these are 2 totally different bikes. There is no comparison. If you get the smaller bike you will be kicking your azz later and wishing you had gotten the RK.I know several women riding RK's and EG's. Once you're on it and riding around you will see that the RK, etc is not too big. If you are still concerened I would advise against getting any model with a fairing. Stick to the RK. If you can locate a RK Custom you'll have one of Harley's finest, ever!

Old 01-20-2008, 09:56 AM
stubby
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have owned a dyna and now a Road King Classic. My change of bike had to do with my 260 lb. and a weekend on rough roads. What I have discovered is that the 16" wheels,the distribution a weight, and air shockson the RKC makes it a better handleing bike then the dyna. If you know how to work the brakes and clutch the road king will handle pretty easy.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,073 Likes on 609 Posts

Well, as a man who owns a Dyna Street Bob and an Electra Glide I feel as though I may have something offer. The FLH front end and frame do just about everything better. The Dyna is fun on the twisties though it's certainly no sport bike and it's fun bar hopping and doing Bike Week and the like where slow speed maneuverability and alot of on/of is goign on. If I were in a position to have but one Harley to do it all, it owuld be the Road King. In fact, if I did not have (and like!) the Street Bob, I ouwld have gotten another RK.

With that said, and now knowing how I feel - I am 5'9" 210 and say what i have said. If I were your size - there owuldn;t even be a discussion! Fpr what it's worth BTW the RK/FLH has great frame geometry and really does enjoy decent handling given it's bulk.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:30 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think you would be surprised with the handling of the RK, the vesatility is there for you to either ride distance or use it as an around town bike.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:49 AM
CKinAZ
Road Master

I went through this same thing. Went on a demo day and road 7 different bikes. I really liked the RK, but wanted a little more of the Street Glide styling. Ended up with a EG that I just love.

One thing that surprised me after getting off a metric was that the touring HD's handle GREAT at low speeds and are stable at high speeds. I got blown all over the place on that metric (Vulcan 900) on the hwy, not so with the EG. Once you get the feel for it, you'll be surprised at how easy it is to throw the touring bikes around in a parking lot... really surprised..... It's easier to ride at low speeds than that 900 was.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:00 AM
fueldog
1st Gear

the road king is the way to go i had a dyna super glide for 5 years and just traded it in for an flhr roadking the best money i ever spent also, a lot of dealers will let to test drive bikes i tried 3 before i went with the road king

Old 01-21-2008, 11:19 AM
tooch69
Advanced

I have an 06 Road King and I should have bought the UC

Quick Reply: FLHR Road King vs Dyna Super Glide Custom