Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mud Flap on an 07 Ultra Classic

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 09:54 PM
Drifting Texas
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mud Flap on an 07 Ultra Classic

If wanted a mud flap on the rear fender but was dissappointed that all mud flaps stated not for use with models with a bumper.

I finally decided to take the rear bumper off and look to see if I could come up witha way to install a mud flap. After studing it for a while I decide what the heck let's try.

I ordered this mud flap from J and P as I wanted something that looked nice but didn't cost much since I might alter it and if worse came to worse ruin in.

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup...All&page=1

Once I had the mud flap I cut some flashing to fit the back of the mud flap. After a quick test I decided to make it stronger. Idouble the flashing by cutting another piece of flashing just like the first one.

I mounted both peices of flashing to the back of the mud flap using two of the provided screws and nuts. I then drilled 2 holes in the center of the flashing and the bumber mounting bracket and attached the mud flap using 2 self tapping screws.

Here's the end result. As I stood back and looked I thought to my self, "Self, that hangs down way to far and looks like crap".

I went ahead and left it this way and rode to work and a few other places today. Each time I walked up to the Ultra the same thought kept coming back so tonight a shortened the mud flap and reattached.

And now it looks like this.

And from the side.

The nice thing is if I decide I hate itI can pull it off and no damage was really done. So far I think I like the shorter look better. By the way I also shortened the concho ties because they were way to long.

If anyone wants to know what an Ultra Classic looks like without the rear bumper here you go. I don't care for the look at all but somemay.

So now I need some opinions, does the mud flap look ok or not?

Old 01-25-2008, 10:31 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Mud Flap on an 07 Ultra Classic

yea, it looks just fine,,,,,

I wuz gonna do it,,, but everyone says they dont work, bike still gets dirty/dusty.. good luck

Old 01-26-2008, 02:02 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks ok... But I have heard that saddlebag fillers work even better over-all to keep the dirt & grim off the rear???

Old 02-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 602 Likes on 325 Posts

Drifting Texas So does the Mud Flap work?

Old 02-05-2008, 07:22 PM
The Old Man
Road Master

I noticed on mine that I get loads of mud etc on the rubber bumper. I thinking of these on my EGC...........$20.00 wha the hell!!

Touring > Rear End Components > Mud Flaps

Road King® Classic Rear Mud Flap

Sturdy, black rubber mud flap features the Road King® Classic logo.

This product is available in multiple variations. Be sure to look for the one that fits the specific model and year of your motorcycle.

59385-98

Fits '98-later FLHRC.

MSRP US $19.95

[IMG]http://a1276.g.akamai.net/7/1276/734/4b5ff2292032c3/resource.harley-davidson.com/media/images/holiday2003/en/btn_selectdealertoaddcart_

Old 02-05-2008, 07:43 PM
Drifting Texas
Tourer

ORIGINAL: The Old Man

I noticed on mine that I get loads of mud etc on the rubber bumper. I thinking of these on my EGC...........$20.00 wha the hell!!
I felt the same way. Igot to test the results of the mud flap the otherday and there was no improvement in the muck on the rear fender and bumper. I'm keeping the mad flap cuz I like the look. From what others have said I have to agree that most of the muck is coming from between the saddlebags and rear wheel.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:46 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]ORIGINAL: Drifting Texas

If wanted a mud flap on the rear fender but was dissappointed that all mud flaps stated not for use with models with a bumper.

Hmmm. I just went down and got one for a FLH from the dealer. the HD mud flap fit like a dream and I have a rubber bumper on my '07 UC.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:27 AM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts

I dunno..... I don't really care for a bumper to begin with. The flap looks "ok" but it looks to me like it needs to hang straighter up and down?? What do I know, I took my bumper off and used a RK classic fender tip. If you like it that's what matters!