Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud pipes

Old 02-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Lucky Scott
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud pipes

Okay, I think I want to get some louder pipes for my Road King. Got the stock pipes with the bolt on mufflers right now.
What does everybody think and what would you recommend? Would like to just get some bolt ons for the stock pipes.
What can I get to Bolt on the stock pipes?

Old 02-01-2008, 07:49 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Loud pipes

Muffler\Slip-Ons are a "ME THING" - Get out to a Bike Rally - Poker Run - Bike Night.... Put your ears to work for you... When "THAT SPECIAL SOUND" is heard - Go talk to the rider...........

If you just change out the Mufflers\Slip-on you will not need to do anything to the computer (ECM) but don't expect any performance gains..

Old 02-01-2008, 07:51 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior

Rush slip ons are the best I have heard if you dont go for True Duals. I prefer true duals Rinehartexhaust but Vans and Hines is good too. Now if you really want to wake them up get some Big City Monster Baffleshttp://www.bigcitythunder.com/pages/..._dynamics.html. They will sound like they are straight pipes but they will have better compression with these baffles so the performance will be there. If you have a 2006 you must at the least get the HD down load, if 2007 to 2008 you will need a Race Tuner to adjust the flow of gas. Its not a cheap project so get the True duals you will be happier with them. I have Screaming Eagle II slip ons with Big City Monster Baffles and I wish I got the true duals.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:53 PM
csbreeze
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: SoCal_Pappy

Muffler\Slip-Ons are a "ME THING" - Get out to a Bike Rally - Poker Run - Bike Night.... Put your ears to work for you... When "THAT SPECIAL SOUND" is heard - Go talk to the rider...........
That is a better answer than mine. Good one SoCal Pappy.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:53 PM
roadgeek
Road Master

Good advice, that is what I did.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Lucky Scott
Cruiser

Sounds like some good ideas. By the way, My RK is a 2002.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:23 PM
shawn08roadking
Advanced

Rinehart TDs are loud but Thunderheaders wake the dead

Old 02-01-2008, 08:29 PM
linck241
Advanced

ORIGINAL: csbreeze

Rush slip ons are the best I have heard if you dont go for True Duals. I prefer true duals Rinehartexhaust but Vans and Hines is good too. Now if you really want to wake them up get some Big City Monster Baffleshttp://www.bigcitythunder.com/pages/..._dynamics.html. They will sound like they are straight pipes but they will have better compression with these baffles so the performance will be there. If you have a 2006 you must at the least get the HD down load, if 2007 to 2008 you will need a Race Tuner to adjust the flow of gas. Its not a cheap project so get the True duals you will be happier with them. I have Screaming Eagle II slip ons with Big City Monster Baffles and I wish I got the true duals.

So are the Big City Monster Baffles louder than Thunderheaders??
I have had Thunderheaders and in my opinion they are the best sounding but how do they Big City ones compare?

Old 02-01-2008, 08:34 PM
JHeiser
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rush slip on mufflers with the 1.75 baffles. I have them on on 07 RK and love the sound. Best part about them is that you can change out the baffles to make them louder of softer - your choice. The 1.75's are middle of the road.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:57 PM
1ADAM12
Cruiser

Go with td thunderheaders they r great

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Loud pipes