Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

King Tourpack vs. Chopped Tourpack - Updated w/Price List

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:43 PM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: King Tourpack vs. Chopped Tourpack

ORIGINAL: mvinc01

OK. Another TP question. Kinda off topic, but related.

Can you buy the rear HD speaker pods & grills separately, without speakers? Cost or PN?

I don't see them in the cataloge. I've found what looks like a good looking pair on Ebay, butIdon't have a cost reference. I'm thinking of picking these upfor theRG Ultra King TP,and installing my old stock speakers until I can later afford to do the Hog Wired amp and speaker kitinstall to complete my four HW speaker system.

Ebay HD Pods
Seems to me that you should be able to... there is a parts catalog that is different than the accessory catalog... I am sure that you could buy a new set... It just makes sense... Surely someone has damaged just the pods, and needs a replacement... maybe someone that has the parts book can help you out...?

Old 02-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

MV: PM Dawg or stop by your Harley store and look in the parts book for the Touring Parts Book for your model year. I looked into this about a year ago and was surprised that the Pods ONLY were over 350, IIRC, but it's been so long I'm not real confident on the price.

You can buy pods only from Dragonfly concepts that accept 6.5" speakers for 200/pair.

Unless you want to hack your front speaker wiring to power the rear speakers, you will need to create the AMP connector (for at least those pins that power the rear speakers) that plugs into the back of the HK radiothen get a dealer flash to "turn on" the rear speakers.

The AMP connector and sockets are available for not a lot of coin and the PN's will be in the same parts book, and probably on the same page as the PN's for the pods you are considering.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:41 PM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: King Tourpack vs. Chopped Tourpack - Updated w/Price List

ORIGINAL: badbag

I ended up going with this one...I liked the low profile with the integrated fairing. Also, I wont have any external hardwre. It will open mechanically via keyfob!!! $230.00 plus quick release bracket.

[IMG]local://upfiles/50233/0A21C8F73B0347CFB357076B32A6B700.jpg[/IMG]
Do you have a link or a company name where I can find more info about it?

Old 02-13-2008, 10:46 PM
mvinc01
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Harleypingman

MV: PM Dawg or stop by your Harley store and look in the parts book for the Touring Parts Book for your model year. I looked into this about a year ago and was surprised that the Pods ONLY were over 350, IIRC, but it's been so long I'm not real confident on the price.

You can buy pods only from Dragonfly concepts that accept 6.5" speakers for 200/pair.

Unless you want to hack your front speaker wiring to power the rear speakers, you will need to create the AMP connector (for at least those pins that power the rear speakers) that plugs into the back of the HK radiothen get a dealer flash to "turn on" the rear speakers.

The AMP connector and sockets are available for not a lot of coin and the PN's will be in the same parts book, and probably on the same page as the PN's for the pods you are considering.
OK. I'll check that out. But that's making the Ebay set look pretty good, if they don't go too high. I don't mind, and would rather, make the amp connectors to plug into the rear HDchannels for the rear speakers. Will have the dealer flash too.

Thanks! There's a lot to doing this TP thing.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:23 PM
captsam54
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: badbag

I ended up going with this one...I liked the low profile with the integrated fairing. Also, I wont have any external hardwre. It will open mechanically via keyfob!!! $230.00 plus quick release bracket.

[IMG]local://upfiles/50233/0A21C8F73B0347CFB357076B32A6B700.jpg[/IMG]
Did that include the hinges, lock, cushion etc.??

Old 02-14-2008, 01:42 PM
HogFather
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The chopped works for me. got to pack light, and really don't need all that much. Tshirts, underwear, socks and a spare pair of jeans. And your off.