Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Minor Mods I am considering 06 SG

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 07:14 PM
GOSTAZ
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minor Mods I am considering 06 SG

Satisfied with my Street Glide. But... wouldn't mind a little more power and a little nicer sound. I was talking to one of the service guys at my dealer, and mentioned that I like true duals. He mentioned the idea of a TFI. I have seen some posts around the forum saying that TFI's are good for basic stuff, and wondered if maybe this unit would be the best for me. Here is what I am thinking of ending up with. It is very mild, but I don't want my SG to be a hooligan bike.

Rinehart True Duals or V&H Duals
SE Air Cleaner
TFI

What do I want out of this? Like dual exhaust. Bike a little louder, but not stupid, reliability, and a just a hair more grunt. Bike is mostly ridden shorter hops, but also two up as well..

You all should hear my girlfriend tell her friends about this bike! Really fun to hear her go on about it! Rocks having a lady in my life that gets joy out of something that I do.

Thanks to all of you for your time, and the good info that I have gotten here!

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,
GOSTAZ

Old 01-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Mountainkowboy
Grand HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 526 Posts
Default RE: Minor Mods I am considering 06 SG

I did true duals and a stage 1 air cleaner on my EG with a SERT tune. I lost alittle off the bottom but at crusing speed, with 73 lbs of torque, it was great. I used Santee 225's and they were to loud for a bagger IMO. My Ultra has SE slip-ons and is alot quieter, but still has a respectable sound. I've heard the Rieharts duals they are quieter than the Santee's and my friends that have them rave. Hope this helps.

Old 01-21-2006, 08:10 PM
CHEYENNE
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Minor Mods I am considering 06 SG

Sounds like your off to a great start. I don't think you can go wrong with either setup in pipes. Yes it's a VERY good thing to have a lady enjoy the things in life that you do.