Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount Ramps

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 03:24 PM
bdavis
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Discount Ramps

Have any of you used any of the ramps at: http://www.discountramps.com/

I'm looking for an easy way to load a 2007 Street Glide into the back of an F-150.

Thanks

Old 02-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Manfire
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Discount Ramps

I'm using the 9 foot black widow ramps I bought from them. They work well and they arelight and store in the back seat area of my extended cab GMC.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:05 PM
etrader
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the light weight 10' Big Boy...works great with a full size 4x4...top quality, safe & easy.

Old 02-15-2008, 05:40 PM
bdavis
Road Master

Thanks guys. I appreciate your help. These are the only ramps I've found that look substantial enough that I would trust them.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:11 PM
03ultra100th
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought mine from them six years ago to load an Ultra in an F-350 4X4. As you can see in the pic, I welded a piece of solid diamond plate on the center section. Made it a whole lot easier driving up the ramp. Smooth and not the bump, bump, bump from the rails. Mine are 12 foot, three sections that fold in half. I think the new ones have a pin to take them apart. Make sure you remove the tailgate, or you might dent it. Secure the ramps to each other, and to the back of the truck.

[IMG]local://upfiles/30204/C4AE102FFD8E4068A755DA61AB689863.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-15-2008, 06:16 PM
mtyson227
Advanced

I got a set of the three piece ramps from this site about 6 or 7 years ago to load my Fatboy into the back of an F-150 and then a Titan. Awesome ramps that have never let me down.

Old 02-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Puzzled
Banned

ORIGINAL: bdavis

Have any of you used any of the ramps at: http://www.discountramps.com/

I'm looking for an easy way to load a 2007 Street Glide into the back of an F-150.

Thanks
I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of stuff from them over the years. I can't say one single bad thing about them. The shipping has always been fast. The quality of their ratchets is on par with M&R (what I once considered the best). The pricing isn't what the motorcycle industry is use to (MC=overpriced). Props all around for Discount Ramps.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:42 PM
bdavis
Road Master

Make sure you remove the tailgate, or you might dent it.
Did all of you guys do this?

Old 02-15-2008, 10:14 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

Make dang sure you hook/chain/tie/strap the ramp to the truck. If you have to motor the bike up the ramp, the rear wheel can kick the ramp out from under the bike. It happened to me once when I was riding my 03 Lowrider up a ramp into my utility trailor. At the top of the ramp, the bike stopped (didn't want to run into the front of my trailor). I gve it a little too much throttle and the rear wheel shot the ramp out from under me and the bike. Luckily the bike sat down on its frame and didn't crunch me. Could have been worse. Nearly messed up my britches, though.

To solve that problem, I drilled a couple holes through the top of the ramp and the rear of my trailor. Then I just dropped two bolts through the ramp holes, into the trailor holes and it never happened again. If you're gonna use your truck, you need to find someway to attach the ramp to the truck before going up it.

Just a caution.

Hack

Old 02-15-2008, 10:22 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member

If I had the money I'd get me a trailor like my dealer has. It's entire bed can be lowered slap down to the ground (between the wheels), the bike is loaded and secured, then the bed of the trailor is raised back up and off you go. Neatest thing I ever did see.

Hack

Quick Reply: Discount Ramps