Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHX seat question

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:15 PM
ZJAvy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLHX seat question

I have a new 08 FLHX. I roughly have 1000 miles on it already and drive to and from work daily on it (50 miles each direction). I was kind of shocked to find my a$$ hurting by the time I got to work and by the time Id get home. Never had this issue on the Deluxe and figured the FLHX seat would be more comfortable.

So then I saw a couple posts where everyone was saying get the Sundowner seat set up. Sounds like a good solution to me except now I have a new problem (I havnt bought a new seat yet btw). I got my wife the tall detachable backrest. On a decent distance ride the other day she complained that it was too high and hurt her back because its too upright so we were just gonna exchange it for the medium height backrest. Here is where it gets tricky. I was looking at the two piece sundowner (the solo with pillion) because I like how it looks better then the one piece. I noticed the passengar seat looks about 2 inches thicker then the stock seat and the tall sissy bar is 2.5 inches taller then the medium so if i get the sundowner the medium height will probably be to short and the tall just perfect.

Anyone running this seat and love it for long rides? I am going to be doing a couple trips outta state this year with my club. And.....Anyone running the HD tall sissy bar with the sundowner and their wife possibly had the same complaint but now like it?

Old 02-18-2008, 08:21 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: FLHX seat question

Started out with the medium & Sundowner and the wife hated it, said it hurt her back. Now,I have the tall sissy bar with the Sundowner & she loves it.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:31 PM
SkipB
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FLHX seat question

I have an '08 Street Glide. I am 6'-5" tall and 240 lbs. I put on the H-D TallBoy seat. My butt hurts after 200 miles, but the seat is fine for your 50 mile distance. My wife is 5'-3" tall and 110 lbs. She has the medium height backrest and says everything is cool. (The TallBoy seat has a really wide passenger area, too.) She really prefers the Tour Pak when we are riding together, though. I am thinking about the Mean City Cycles seat re-work for both ends of our seat, and they will also put in the seat heaters for no extra labor since they already have the cover off to do the padding and gel cells, etc. Check 'em out at www.meancitycycles.com Several options for the rider and passenger on there. Good Luck!