Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush production delays are bringing me down

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 08:16 AM
Gitarded
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts
Default Rush production delays are bringing me down

I have been waiting for Rush pipes for a while. I Cannot get an outlook on when they will ship, seems like they are managing day to day. I really like the idea of the ceramic coated pipes since the reason I am changing them out is to get rid of the cat heat and from what I have read the ceramic coating really knocks it down. My bike is sitting in the shop waiting for the pipes. Dealer told me that he can get V&H overnite and get me back on the road before the snow flies here. Does anyone know if there are other manufactures that make ceramic coated head pipes?

Thanks

Old 10-28-2010, 11:08 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gitarded
I have been waiting for Rush pipes for a while. I Cannot get an outlook on when they will ship, seems like they are managing day to day. I really like the idea of the ceramic coated pipes since the reason I am changing them out is to get rid of the cat heat and from what I have read the ceramic coating really knocks it down. My bike is sitting in the shop waiting for the pipes. Dealer told me that he can get V&H overnite and get me back on the road before the snow flies here. Does anyone know if there are other manufactures that make ceramic coated head pipes?

Thanks
I am sorry for the delays and Im looking into the situation. I'll post an update asap.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:31 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rush Racing Products
I am sorry for the delays and Im looking into the situation. I'll post an update asap.
I second that. Even though i bet there are alot of people out there waiting and probaly gone elseware to get pipes. I picked up my bike on 9/7 and still waiting today for my rush slipons to come in. I called every dealer within 100 mile radius and all out of stock due to Rush. I even called rush and spoke to them. The person i spoke to told me everyone is out of the office at meetings and to leave the sales manager a message and he will call you back. 3 weeks went by and no call back. I then called back a week ago and talked to "fishman". well thats what he said is name was and that he had no idea what is going on. he said call back if i dont have them within a week. dunno what to do, to me this is a sign to go elseware. even though i will wait to get them because i like the sound. many clips on utube. hope its all worth it.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:53 AM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can always buy a diff brand head pipe and have it ceramic coated yourself if you cant wait for the rush pipes.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:15 PM
nemick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

In this economy, I hope that Rush are just struggling to keep up with a massive demand, rather than falling by the way side for other reasons. I know I would be looking elsewhere if it were me, but I'm an impatient bastard once I pull the rigger.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:57 PM
buzzman_45011
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I really wanted a Rush slip on for my 2010 Road glide back in April. I waited and waited then found out that the chrome dept was out and it was back ordered. I went with a Screaming Eagle instead.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by pontiac69
I second that. Even though i bet there are alot of people out there waiting and probaly gone elseware to get pipes. I picked up my bike on 9/7 and still waiting today for my rush slipons to come in. I called every dealer within 100 mile radius and all out of stock due to Rush. I even called rush and spoke to them. The person i spoke to told me everyone is out of the office at meetings and to leave the sales manager a message and he will call you back. 3 weeks went by and no call back. I then called back a week ago and talked to "fishman". well thats what he said is name was and that he had no idea what is going on. he said call back if i dont have them within a week. dunno what to do, to me this is a sign to go elseware. even though i will wait to get them because i like the sound. many clips on utube. hope its all worth it.
PM sent. I will hopefully be working with you to resolve this issue. We do not want you to go elsewhere and appreciate all of our customers. Your issues have been addressed with our people and I apologize for the lack of communication.
Ryan

Old 10-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by nemick
In this economy, I hope that Rush are just struggling to keep up with a massive demand, rather than falling by the way side for other reasons. I know I would be looking elsewhere if it were me, but I'm an impatient bastard once I pull the rigger.
I definately understand as I am impatient myself. Please understand that all of our backorded items, less than 1% of total products offered, are not available due to increased demand. This summer our demand for some items increased so much we were forced to expand to several chrome facilities. One of these facilities, which has a good reputation, did not provide the chrome quality we need. Tanks were contaminated and entire production runs were ruined. Obviously we do not use them anymore. When we give estimated time frames for availability we base that off past experience with each facility. If we tell a customer two weeks, and in 10 days the chrome items get back to us and the entire batch fails inspection we must now start over and tell the customer two more weeks. I understand how frustrating this can be to a customer. We are always working to improve our products and production process. Please keep in mind that we do our best to provide accurate information, but due to the nature of the beast that is not always possible.
Ryan

Old 10-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I did a Stage IV back in June and all I wanted was a set of new baffles to go with it.
They told my guy it would be backordered until September. I went elsewhere.

Old 10-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
I did a Stage IV back in June and all I wanted was a set of new baffles to go with it.
They told my guy it would be backordered until September. I went elsewhere.
Really sorry to hear that. For dealerships setup directly with us, we could have shipped them out in no more than a couple days. Almost every H-D dealership in the US is setup directly with us.

Quick Reply: Rush production delays are bringing me down