Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locks for detachable tour pack

Old 02-24-2008, 08:32 AM
roadglidedude
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locks for detachable tour pack

I just put a detatchable tour pak on my SG

I wanted to know what you guys use tosecure it to the bike

I am heading for Daytona and do not want to see $1000 just walk away from my bike
a couple of things

Am I being paranoid thinking it might walk away @ Daytona?

Is there something else besides a cable lock?

Is there anything a 1st timer @ Daytona has to see?

Thanks for your help

Old 02-24-2008, 08:46 AM
jakester
Tourer
Default RE: Locks for detachable tour pack

Cant be TO CAREFULL!!!! Times are tough...Dont take any chances!!!!!!!!!!! Help keep honest people honest and dishonest people moving on to there next pray...Dont worry what it looks like you can always take a lock off in the morning when you ride!!!! People know what TPs are worth and how EZ they are to sell!!!!! Have a great time ..You Will if you arnt stupid!!!...Also be carefull about parking make sure it is in legal parking and keep it in the yellow lines COPS DO TICKET!!!! Dont ask me how i know!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!! Sorry I Cant make it this year!!!! IM doing Sturgis! JAKESTER TIM.....

Old 02-24-2008, 08:47 AM
etrader
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

click here

Old 02-24-2008, 08:50 AM
captsam54
Road Master

Lock it up .. Park in the Christian parking lot behind "Froggys" puts you right on main street. See if you can get seats on the second floor of the bank..

Old 02-24-2008, 09:30 AM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: etrader

click here
Thats what I run, just one. Me and my buddy bought a set so that we use the same key, that way we have a spare when riding together. Also, take and put a 30 degree or so bend about half way up on the key, you'll see why when you go to unlock it

Old 02-24-2008, 10:05 AM
sfroese
Stage IV

What kind of Tour-Pak bracket are you using? Reason I ask is I'm trying to put this lock on the 53276-04 Tour-Pak bracket on an '07 FLHR and I can't get it to work. I've triedit on both the right and left side, with and without the included flat washer andit won't engage like the standard locks.A buddy I ride with had a similar issue on a Street Glide and ended upreturning the lock.

Any advisewould be appreciated.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:15 AM
riconot
Advanced

For my tour-pak, I use a hand gun cable lock. I like it because it is visible if someone is checking it out for theft. Otherwise it's not that noticible. As for Daytona, I sent my bike down there one year in a truck with 19 other bikes from Washington state. Two of the 20 bikes were stolen during the week. That's 10%. The guys had their bikes locked up on beech st. They came back, unlocked them, went back into a store for a few minutes and when they got back, the bikes were gone. The place is ripe for picking. And the pickers are there. Don't take anything that you can't afford to lose. I recommend an adequate insurance coverage if you take your bike to Daytona.

The following users liked this post:
shoboli nan tanna (12-05-2021)
Old 02-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: 04harleyboy

ORIGINAL: etrader

click here
Thats what I run, just one. Me and my buddy bought a set so that we use the same key, that way we have a spare when riding together. Also, take and put a 30 degree or so bend about half way up on the key, you'll see why when you go to unlock it
I have 2 of these (keyed the same) from my old tour pack and sissy bar. Was planning on putting them on for the detachable setup...I'll keep you posted.

Old 02-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

How reliable are the HD detachable locks??? Do they make it pretty secure??? I know if someone wants something bad enough they will find a way. But are those locks easy or hard to get around????

Old 02-24-2008, 01:08 PM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: sfroese

What kind of Tour-Pak bracket are you using? Reason I ask is I'm trying to put this lock on the 53276-04 Tour-Pak bracket on an '07 FLHR and I can't get it to work. I've triedit on both the right and left side, with and without the included flat washer andit won't engage like the standard locks.A buddy I ride with had a similar issue on a Street Glide and ended upreturning the lock.

Any advisewould be appreciated.
I am using the HD solo and 2-up tour pak brackets, not sure what part numbers they are, just the standard ones, nothing special. The locks work fine with these, I had no issues using them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Locks for detachable tour pack