Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New stuff.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 08:12 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New stuff.....

I made a couple changes to the scoot this weekend. Some were tying up loose ends from the HQ120 build & some were just "other things". Someone had requested some pics the other day, I'll add some here.

1) I installed a KlockWerks 12" flare windshield. There have been many folks talking about them with varying opinions. After having read many reviews and talking with Joe about them, at length, I felt certian it would be just fine. First off... That is one BAD look'n *****! As far as wind protection, I'd have to say it's pretty damn good for a shield that short! I got just under a 100 miles in today and a good bit at or above hwy speed & as far as I'm concerned, it's just fine. Thanks Joe! I'd have to say that the bike actually feel more "nimble" with that shield on it too....

One other thing that I was concerned about, was if my WG bars or mirrors would hit the shield or not (they did on the clearview).... They DO NOT hit!!!!

2) I've been waiting on a throttlebody better suited for my HQ120 than the stock Delphi 44mm. I finally chose and got an HPI 55mm and installed it.

3) A Doherty PowerPacc w/PowerVents was also added. That has got to be some of the best aluminum machine work I've ever seen. It's a work of art! It also has an integrated velocity stack which just another way to improve intake velocity.

4) Since I built me new motor, I have been running a borrowed (THANKS Jason!) FatCat while I waited on delivery of a new D&D BoarZilla. THe BoarZilla finally came in and I installed. I was surprised to discover that I lost some of that bertha torque down low, but it gained bigtime in mig & upper range. Well, I prefer that megs grunt down low. I remembered reading about someone with a 124 going thru this a year or so ago and he ended up using a SuperTrapp muffler on the BoarZilla head pipes. So.... I found a universal SuperTrapp and adapted it. The results were very pleasnatly surprising. After getting my DTT dialed back in for the new TB & muffler, the bike really had KILLER grunt all the thru the power band. Mucho better!!!!

Here are a couple pics of some of it....

A look at the shield, from the front

Here's a shot from the side

...and a view from the seat

Here's the Trapp hang'n off the 'Zilla (ZillaTrapp)

I had to have a plate and some standoffs added for the hanger @ the back

HPI 55mm on the left, Delphi 44mm on the right

There's the HPI on the bike with PowerVents plumbed into my existing breather bypass circuit

And finally, a look at the Doherty backplate installed ~ notice the velocity stack insert.

That's all for now.... Time to RIDE!!!

Old 02-24-2008, 08:15 PM
socalmoe
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New stuff.....

Very Nice! Love the blacked out features.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:21 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Phil,
That shield looks great! I at least know what is plan B for the pipes if my plan A doesn't pan out. That modification also looks good. You are getting it tuned in well before I can even ride[:@]....but the good thing is that I can "steal" your timing map once you do all the work!

Old 02-24-2008, 08:30 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks very nice Phil. I like the "looks" of the Fatty muffler better though, but looks won't get ya home.

What'd ya do with the Gerolomy air cleaner setup?

Old 02-24-2008, 08:37 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Nice Phil, you are absolute genius, have fun with that Monster and ride safe. Like that w/s, neverwould have BZ pipe would have reduced the low end tq.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Kern
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice Phil, very nice.

I really need to move to somewhere south of my hell. (WI)The wife and I have actually started looking over the past few weeks. Mostly in TN.

My only problem is we have to bring the "single"babysitter....aka the mother-in-law.[8D]

Old 02-24-2008, 08:40 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic
It didn't last too long... I sold it today.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:49 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: PhilM

ORIGINAL: UltraKla$$ic
It didn't last too long... I sold it today.

Your bike looks smoking Phil. Are you going to stay with the DTT or go with the SERT/ProTuner combo eventually?

Old 02-24-2008, 08:56 PM
hardav23
Tourer

Looks great Phil, I've been thinking about that windshield too and after you saying that it is good I think I may just have to order one up. Where did you get yours and how much? Your making me jealous with your nice weather and being able to ride, not like I would be able to ride my 100 or so pieces right now anyway!!! HAHAHA! Can't wait to get this thing back together!!

Old 02-24-2008, 09:09 PM
molsen
Road Master

Hardav: talk to Bart(shooter64) he is a really good guy with fair prices.

PhilM, nice, very nice, thanks for the update. I'm glad I ordered a shield also. I'll let everyone know later than sooner, still salt and snow in Niagara Falls[:'(][X(]

Quick Reply: New stuff.....