Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for Bulb replacement sugeestion

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:38 AM
alqaadir
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default looking for Bulb replacement sugeestion

Looking for suggestion on replacement headlamp and auxiliary bulbs for 07 Ultra. I would like something brighter soI can see and been seen more. I'll carry the stock bulbs with as back ups.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:34 AM
dougbk
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: looking for Bulb replacement sugeestion

I use the Sylvania SilverStar for motorcycles in my head lamp. I like the way they work at night, but do not seem to be as visible during the day so I kept my driving lights stock to get the slight yellow of the halogen for visibility during the day.

Old 03-09-2008, 12:08 PM
No Tyme
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I replaced my stock H4 bulb with a 80/80 Piaa, or as the packaged stated… Very white light and you can actually see the difference in the spots now as they have a yellowish tint to them. Will upgrade the spotsmaybe this year but I mainly don’t use them. The Piaa is also suppose to be more durable with the vibration issue on a motorcycle.
I also went with the Piaa bulb as the research I did on the forums many spoke of the Silver Stars not being bright enough in the daytime, when I mostly ride.
J.M.O.

http://www.jpcycles.com/ProductDetai...406&cs=All

Old 03-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could always try a true "HID" bulb. I've seen a few Hi/Lo HID bulb (with ballest) conversions for motorcycles that fit the H-4 (standard) H-D stock head lamp lense assy.

Before switching over to the H-D HID head lamp in mine, I was using the SilverStar H-4. It was very bright, more so then stock, and in daylight too. I've not ran the PIAA bulbs in the head lamp or the passing lamps. Have heard all the talk about SilverStars not lasting as long and never experianced on any of my vehicles.

Just do not touch the bulb glass of any halogen lamp with your bare fingers.It will caust premature failure.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:28 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member

+1 for PIAA very product and worth every penny.

ORIGINAL: No Tyme

I replaced my stock H4 bulb with a 80/80 Piaa, or as the packaged stated… Very white light and you can actually see the difference in the spots now as they have a yellowish tint to them. Will upgrade the spotsmaybe this year but I mainly don’t use them. The Piaa is also suppose to be more durable with the vibration issue on a motorcycle.
I also went with the Piaa bulb as the research I did on the forums many spoke of the Silver Stars not being bright enough in the daytime, when I mostly ride.
J.M.O.

http://www.jpcycles.com/ProductDetai...406&cs=All

Old 03-09-2008, 03:03 PM
tattood flhx
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which is better the plasma gt-x piaa bulb or the 80/80 super white ? there is about a $10 difference, just wondering the difference between the two. thanks.

Old 03-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Nothear
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just switched my stock headlamp bulb for the h-d performance headlamp part # 67074-02,, i can see a lot of difference. a friend did the same and likes his also..

Old 03-09-2008, 06:42 PM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

PIAA and others make quality H 4 Bulbs

An option to HID is the Harley Dual Buld Halagon that uses an H8 and H 11 Buld.

Both bulbs are on when the "High" Beams are one. You can also, slightly modify a second H 11 biuld to fit where the H8 bulb curretnly resides, giving maximum light at night.

We upgraded to Wagner 886 (55W) bulbs in the Pursuit/Driving Lights on the Cop Glide in addition to addint 55W yellow motolight mounted on the calipers. You can never have tooooooo much light at night. Just be certain to have some yellow to add coontrast to all of the white light.

Do a search for Danile Stern Lighting and see what options he has to offer for your specific ride.

Good Luck

Old 03-09-2008, 08:43 PM
alqaadir
Tourer

Thanks

Old 03-09-2008, 10:37 PM
No Tyme
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts